Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Ghetto Sharepoint? (Workspace functionality)
  •  
wolfsden3

Send a private message to this user
We currently use Kerio and it's a decent product.

For giggles I evaluated workspace and I'm not impressed, I have 1.1.0 RC 1 build 2221 installed.

Access:

No guest access (public / anonymous, etc)? You can't just create a page (say for an Intranet, read only) and have it world readable? Instead people have to have an account to logon and see the page...or so it seems.

Permissions:

Permissions in general seem sparse - all I have for a user is:

-- Administration rights --
---- No access to administration
---- Read only access to administration
---- Full access to administration
[] <-- Checkbox for "Allow user to adminster all content"

* I stopped playing with it here but I can only assume that "Administration rights" means to the admin portal at port 4060?

* I can't see where to share out something I created with other users (see no guest access above Razz)

Editing:

It wasn't until I added "Text" that I found an 'editor' where you can bold, highlight, etc. I was under the "mashup" assuming text was text. Not sure how you'd fix a dumb end losers assumptions there but it was irritating to see you didn't have a wysiwyg editor (but you did!).

Summary:

To me so far this product seems like a ghetto sharepoint portal, not sure it's even worthy to call it that because you can't share it to the world or have granular permissions (see permissions above).

Granted - I gave up early but I think I saw enough. It shouldn't be this hard.

I don't think I'll revisit this until you have guest access as we wanted to at least use this for an intranet. For now I'll just do LAMP and hand edit Smile

* I won't be notified of any posts in case you don't like what I say (or you do), I'm just letting you know my opinion of the product.
  •  
pimzel

No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2011 08:18]

•  
benjalamelami

It has worked for me... it has pretty easy to use features, and fool proof to use for my intranet users. I do think annonymous log in would be nice, but its clear that it has a lot of functionality for its easy to use interface. Also Kerio is improving it... slowwwwly, but getting there.
Previous Topic: Sharing bug?
Next Topic: KWS with Connect LDAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 23:53:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.