Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Server on Windows 7 (How does Windows connection limit affect 20plus users)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We have a client with Kerio Connect Server running on a Windows 7 Pro PC.

They currently have exactly 20 users, Kerio is licensed for 30.

What will the effect be, regarding the Win7 20 device connection limit, if they now go and purchase extra computers and add more users?

Will we need to move them onto Server 08?

Thanks
Gary
  •  
jhtinc

I don't believe it will have any affect on them - it only applies to MS system services, not to 3rd party apps. Somebody will, of course, say otherwise if I'm mistaken.
  •  
GazzaBot

Thanks for your response. It will be great if you are right Smile
  •  
Tech1UAE

Yes, it's right. We're running a 100 user Connect on a HP server running Windows 7 Pro.

Andy
  •  
MrTubz

maybe this might help.

We just moved our Kerio to Windows 7 x64 running as a Virtual Machine. Its 2 CPU and 4GB of ram. We have about 50 users running this config and ive had no problems with connections or the speed of the box.

The mailstore directory is also an attached Virtual Hard disk stored on a 4 drive sata raid 5. again great performance and we can expand it as we want when more users come along.

Dont think you will have any problem running it under windows, its much quicker than it was on my dedicated Xserve G5.
  •  
GazzaBot

Awesome stuff. Thanks a lot for the good news.

Take Care

Gary
  •  
benjalamelami

I run 100 users on Windows 7 on a VM with 4 GB RAM and a virtual hard drive of 500GB for the mail store... it doesnt break a sweat. Works beautiful
Previous Topic: Upgrading Server OS from RHEL 4 to 5 or 6
Next Topic: Large Email KOFF - TOOOOO SLOWWW!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:19:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.