Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail (Internet access)
  •  
mrbrown2011

Send a private message to this user
I actually access my webmail in my local network ( Writing my local ip and the port assigned for http) so how can I check my mail outside my ethernet?
  •  
gjanssen

Ask your hostingprovider for a subdomain like this: webmail.domain.com
Create a route in your firewall to redirect https-requests on that subdomain to your Kerio mailserver.

•  
blackbox

Perhaps I'm reading too deep into the question. You're asking how to access webmail from outside the LAN, preferably via IP instead of a FQDN?

If that's the case, assuming the HTTPS service in enabled within Kerio, and assuming public and private IP NAT is correctly configured, adding a rule in your firewall to allow HTTPS (default: port 443) traffic should grant you the ability to connect to webmail from outside the LAN via the email server's public IP.
  •  
mrbrown2011

All right, sorry I´m late to answer, but found the solution. I´m opened the port in my firewall and now can access my webmail from everywhere. Thank's everybody for help!
  •  
blackbox

After reading some of your other posts it looks like you're dealing with a dynamic public IP. If this is still the case, and you're unable to obtain a static IP, your best bet would be to participate in a dynamic DNS update service, combined with the other above advice.
  •  
blackbox

Ah, good to hear.
Previous Topic: Tips for restoring a user?
Next Topic: Install via SSH on CentOS 5
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 16:08:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00622 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.