Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exclude groups in Out of Office replies
  •  
maccentre

Send a private message to this user
Hello All.

Looking for a way for Out of Office notifications to only be sent if the original email was sent directly to the user (username or alias) and not if sent to an email group that they are a member of.

This poses a problem if there are a number of externally facing groups (i.e. contact<_at_>example.com). At the moment we have to remove the user from all groups they are part of and remember to re-add them on their return.

Am I overlooking the magical checkbox?
  •  
Kedar

In user's account, create new sieve (mail) filter with condition:

if address :all :contains "To" "groupaddress<_at_>domain.tld"
{
stop;
}

and place this rule before Out Of Office rule.
You can create this rule in WebMail (Settings->Mail Filters) or in Outlook with KOFF.
  •  
greg_m

I have a similar issue. We have two KC domains on separate servers. There is a need to have all users from both domains in one group for company wide announcements.

To achieve this, I had to create a mailbox on the first server that forwarded to a group on the second server and add it to the global staff group. The problem is that if any user from the second domain had their auto-responder on, everyone in both domains gets the response email.

Can anyone suggest a neater way, or should I just maintain two separate groups and tell users they will have to add both addresses when they want to communicate with everyone?
Previous Topic: Kerio Mail Server
Next Topic: KMS Recover of Incremental Backup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 23:27:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00455 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.