Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Email notifications (Notifications are only sent if a comment is added)
  •  
pimzel

Send a private message to this user
I have installed and tested the latest 1.1.0 beta version and I found out notifications are only sent when a comment is added.
Is this normal behaviour?
Isn't a notification supposed to be sent when adding a new file and/or changes to an excisting file unless you add a comment?
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hello,

the notifications are trigerred for any of actions you mentioned, but you have to comment the change manually. You can use text box "Share a comment about your change" in right upper corner. You can also comment a component/file using context menu.

No automatic notification is sent.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
pimzel

Hi Jaromis,

In my case no notifications are sent for any action unless I add a comment. So the comment is necesary to send a notification, I think this is strange behaviour as it seems like an extra step to trigger sending a notification.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello pimzel,

we experimented with automatic email notifications for a while, but the result was a torrent of useless machine-generated notifications about every minor change that nobody really cared to read. So we selected a different approach - you need to manually enter a comment to notify others about your change. They will receive a notification created by a human, not by a computer, only for changes that the authors considers important. It also motivates others to reply and start a discussion.

Jarda Snajdr
Worskpace Team Leader
  •  
jthiede

Should this not be optional?
We are looking at using Workspace for file submissions from clients. We would give each client a user license and allow them to submit documents for patient records. We want to be notified when a document is submitted and have hundreds of clients that currently use a faxing system that we are replacing. We do not want to have our clients have to enter a post/comment every time they submit a document.
  •  
jthiede

Adding to my last question:
We have different people delegated to different groups of clients. They would then be notified that a document from one of their particular clients has been submitted.
  •  
scottwilder

I'm doing the trial of Kerio Workspace now and cannot get any notifications of any kind to send. I try making comments but nothing Sad
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi Scott,

please make sure that you have enabled notification on recipient's side (Settings -> option "Receive email notifications about updates in my favorite items") and that the recipient has the related space/page in Favorites.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
GlennK

I'm currently trying to get email notifications to work too. One thing that would help cut through some of this would be a "test" button on the server end to make sure the email setting was set up correctly.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Glenn,

we've got this implemented for Workspace 1.2. It will be available for the first time in 1.2 beta 1.

Jarda
Previous Topic: Searching not working
Next Topic: guest access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:26:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.