Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DNS Forwarder dosn't work properly in KWF6, as consequence VPN dosn't work properly too!!!
  •  
swordfish

Send a private message to this user
Using DNS Forwarder there are two kinds of error mesages:

[07/Jun/2004 20:57:18] (4507:10013) Socket error: Unable to bind socket for DNS service to 192.168.0.1:53

or

[10/Jun/2004 14:11:38] (0:10054) recv() failed in DNS resolver recv_thread()

in full updated win2003srv.

This problem was in rc1 and rc2 and rc3 and so on.

There is a topic "Network Browsing over VPN",
I think those problems because of incorrect DNS working in KWF6.
  •  
coco

I started the topic "Network Browsing over VPN", but I am not seeing the DNS errors you encounter. I'm not saying this is not the problem, though.

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
  •  
swordfish

Is KWF6 installed on win2033srv? and DNS Forwarder Enabled, and
forward DNS queries to the specified DNS servers?
  •  
coco

KWF is running on WinXP Pro (with DNS Forwarder enabled and forwarded to specific ISP DNS servers)

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
  •  
Crazy

•  
coco

Crazy wrote on Thu, 10 June 2004 11:12

This problem only on Windows 2003!, already how many times wrote... http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=2041&star t=0&S=6ce73c3d9ec02bd9b4caad465f43cb5b&SQ=dc762a54bf d2f7e09eb3cb1bc0f1f6f8
Nor answer nor regard...

Err, calm down, please. The problem may well only be on Win2003, but swordfish claimed that this might have been the cause of the problems affecting network browsing that I posted about elsewhere, and all I did was to explain that it probably wasn't.

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
Previous Topic: KMS port to open on KWF
Next Topic: Where is "request authentication" for proxy ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:35:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.