Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » HELP (i canot recieve mails)
  •  
kostas

Send a private message to this user
[b] need your help about the problem that we have ,we cannot receive any mail ,we can send .
the configuration is like that

i have a static public ip 62.x.x.x ,and mail mx record on that ip

2 days have all ready pass so the dns cash its ok .

my internal network is 192.168.x.x ,,so i use Nat to route to internet .we use a fortigate as router and firewall the firewall is open on the mail server ip to all ports and services

i cannot understand what i must put in "internet host" filed under the DNS its no clear to me by the manual when we use NAT.
we can send mails normally.
any one can help please
  •  
tonyswu

You need to make sure:

1. DNS is set correct (points to your public IP 62.X.X.X)
2. On your firewall, you need to have a SNAT rule setup that routes all email traffic (110, 143, 25, 465,587,993, 995, 80, 443, and whatever other ports) from your external address 62.X.X.X to the internal address 192.168.X.X.
3. On your firewall, you need to have an outgoing rule setup to masquerade all outgoing email traffic from the mail server as coming from IP 62.X.X.X.
  •  
kostas

yes the firewall and the dns are ok

in the dns congiguration on kerio what "internet hostname" i must use ?
  •  
tonyswu

Same as your DNS name.
  •  
kostas

sorry but i have mess it up with the mamual ,it needs the dns name like company.com or the mx record mail.company.com ,because durring the instalation it creates one with the servername like serve.company.com.?
  •  
kostas

thanks tonyswu for your help!
  •  
tonyswu

Doesn't matter if you mail.company.com or server.company.com, but it's a good idea to keep it consistent between your mail server and the DNS record.
Previous Topic: Best way to achieve the following.
Next Topic: Where can I found 7.2.3 OD extension to download
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:01:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.