Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Conference Room Calendar (Best way to have a calendar for the conference room)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
We are about to start using shared calendars for reserving use of our conference room. This is a major change to our current method, which is sending an e-mail to everyone in the office (around 75 people) and asking if anyone is using the room at a given time. Most of our staff do not use digital calendars.

I wrote instructions on how to reserve a conference room by using iCal and setting the Conference Room as an event. My assistant thought that it might be too many steps for some of our staff and suggested simply creating a shared calendar called Conference Room and have people enter events on that calendar. This also solves an issue that the WebMail interface doesn't display a resource calendar.

This strikes me as simpler but I am concerned that it won't scale well. If we decide to add other resources, such as a 2nd conference room or the projector to KC, I would then be adding a new calendar for every resource.

So I am requesting comments and opinions from those who had instituted using KC to schedule shared resources such as a conference room.
  •  
TorW

Create the conference room as a resource and set access rights on it. It should display in the webmail calendar without problems. At least our meeting room shows up in our webmail in 7.2.2 (as it did in 6.7.1). When you plan events, the resources should appear when you click the "Room" button. After you've selected the room, you can see its free/busy status in the "Invite attendees" pane.

Or does this somehow not work?
  •  
dhendr@tlcd

Noticed this is an older post but am hoping you can give me additional information regarding resources in webmail.

I have created several resources from the admin console on the server, all show up in the admins webmail account except for four. I cannot remember how to add them back in to the left pane so they are visible and I can edit them. Also, not having much sucess finding the info in the Kerio KB.

Kind regards,
donald

•  
Charles B

dhendr,

It looks like you are using the old webmail, so to add resources to the left hand column in your webmail:
click settings (upper left-ish),
click 'Subscribe shared folders',
type in the resource name.
make sure the calendar is checked.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
Previous Topic: Slow search in Outlook with Connect 8
Next Topic: Alias and out-of-office
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 23:27:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.