Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Rule description still missing
  •  
luca.civinini@ctt

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I still miss the rule description field in the 7.2.0 version.
I remember I asked several time to restore this *really* useful feature which was available using the 6.x admin console.

But up to now my multiple requests had fallen into the dark.

Do I need to ask it on my knee to Kerio CEO? Or should I try to hack the php admin pages to display this field again (BTW, descriptions are still present into the config file)?

Seriously speaking, is it planned to restore this feature on next version?

I'm managing 6 Kerio installations and it's becoming really difficult to track the reason for each rule I'm doing..

Thanks for reading..
  •  
ICT and Me

Why don't you write some little description by the Name Tag. Space enough.
And choose a well choosen Name Tag. It will help. I manage over 9 Control installations and use this little trick.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
luca.civinini@ctt

This is what I usually do in any configuration: use a consistent naming convention across all installations..
My names display FROM, TO and protocol but often I should add some additional explain (i.e. "this rule is required because the program XYZ needs it").
You could say that FROM, TO and Protocol are already displayed within the rule list so there is no need to repeat them in the rule name, but I prefer a name that reflect WHAT a rule DOES and a description explaing WHY this rule is required.

My big complain about this is that COMMENTS were enabled in previous version, so I relied on them. If I never had such feature, probably I would use a different naming convention.

So, at the end, my question is: will Kerio restore this feature in a future version or should I define a new naming to better identify my rules?

Please, Kerio Developers, reply to this question!

Ciao
Previous Topic: Intel RAID & KCSA
Next Topic: VPN & Internet sharing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:25:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.