Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Recover Userfolder to a different Domain
  •  
Permafrost

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

I need your help. My customer wants to change its primary email domain from xxx-xxx.org to yyy-yyy.org. I set up a 2nd unix machine and already created all the users and made the aliases and stuff like that.

My plan is to do a backup of the existing mailserver and recover the userfolders to the new domain names.

old destination

/opt/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/xxx-xxx.org/username (oldserver)
/opt/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/yyy-yyy.org/username (newserver)

When I copy the userfolder inside the new direcotory and login via webmail all folders are gone and I just see the public ones...when i just copy the INBOX the INBOX is gone.

Is there any config file I need to edit? Please help me.

Best
  •  
Kedar

Hmm, if you need rename domain, it's easy task in webadmin.
http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-domrenam e

In case domain must be moved to another server, I suggest rename domain on the original server as the first action, then backup data and recover it on new server.
http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-kmsrecov er.html

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2011 14:29]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Why don't you simply rename a domain in Connect ?

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Permafrost

Its a bit complicated because some users will stay in the old domain, some will move to the new domain.

But when I recover users from our 3rd domain, where no users will change it doesn't work too. I use

./kmsrecover -d aaa-aaa.de -u user /mnt/backup/Kerio

After this cmd everything is put in the right folder inside the store but when i restart kerio and login via webmail everything remains empty..... Sad
  •  
Permafrost

I think I have an idea how it can work...
I just delete everything on the new server, do a complete restore from the backup including the configuration files etc...and config everything new....delete the users via admin console, move emails in the dialog which appears to the "new" users inside the new domain. and move the emails from the "deleted mailbox" folder inside the user into the "/" folder of the user via linux.

This can work right?
  •  
Permafrost

Is it possible to export the aliases? Because I have already everything set up on my new servers with lots of aliases I want to safe before I delete everything
Previous Topic: Duplicating events after upgrading to 7.2.2
Next Topic: Exporting filter rules for folders to MS Outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:31:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.