Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail Issues (Ideas and Problems)
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
1) Can we get a menu map to give to our users of the voice mail system?
2) Can we get the ability to dial into voicemail from remote? i.e. Check voicemail when email integration is not setup, customize greetings from remote.
3) Problem with email integration:

We run a hosted Connect server and our starting to implement Operator for our customers as well. Up to now, the email integration with our Operator has been working fine.

We installed a new Operator and tried to setup integration with the same admin mailbox that our Operator is working on and it seems that doesn't work. Then I created a new admin mailbox and setup integration with that. Still doesn't work.

So question is, can we integrate multiple Operators into a single Connect? If so, how?

Thanks.
  •  
nhoague

Another item of interest:

When I have basic email setup in Operator the test message comes from the specified email. However, an actual voicemail message comes from asterisk<_at_>kerio.

•  
nhoague

I created a voicemail menu map.

Thoughts?

•  
nhoague

New version.

•  
ICT and Me

Nicholas,
As far I know Operator isn't meant to be a product as hosted solution. Yet!

How ever your request about the voicemail menu I don't understand.
At my Operator with a Dutch voiceset I have already a working menu.
So what do you mean?

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The issue with messages coming from asterisk<_at_><hostname> is known. We will have it fixed in the next service release.

You can only integrate 1 Connect with 1 Operator. The integration data is overwritten in Connect after each successful integration handshake.

If you need remote access to voice mail, simply map one of your external numbers to it (ext. 50 if you use the default setup), or use the dial-by-extension option in your auto-attendant menu. Alternatively, your users can access voice mail via the MyPhone interface (using VPN, for example).

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

@Vladimir: Too easy. Never thought to use extension 50 when dialing in. Doh! Thanks for clarification on integration.

@ICT: Oh I'm not running Operator hosted. I played with the idea for a minute (and yes, about a minute) before deciding it wasn't meant to be used that way. With the difficulty of SIP and RTP, I would have to have a unique IP per customer. We tested port translations i.e. (5060 -> 5061, or 5060 -> 5062 and it just didn't work. We tested modifying the asterisk code to listen on a non standard port, but Operator didn't like that. So, no hosted Operator, which Im fine with for my customers. Operator and obviously Control are the two products I think are meant for in house.

As for voicemail, the system works fine. Just my customers have been asking about a visual map for the system, that is what I created.
  •  
nhoague

Two more issues with voicemail:

1) Since Operator can only integrate with 1 Connect, would it be possible to build in a lightweight IMAP client, so message deletion could still occur with any IMAP mail server, obviously including Connect.

2) Is it possible to logout of voicemail and login to a different mailbox, while calling from an internal extension?

Thanks!
  •  
nhoague

One more issue:

When user dial direct to voicemail (i.e. 7+ext) the default voicemail greeting is announced rather than the recorded voicemail greeting.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Your are right, when you dial directly, it only plays the instructions, and not the unavailable or busy messages. It's not clear which of the two would be more suitable. The typical scenario for this feature is a secretary forwarding a call to someone's voicemail box, so the caller should already know he's going to leave a message.

If a message should be there, which one?

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

I feel this is a must needed feature for starters. We have a scenario now where the after hours / general message fallback to 7200 so that it goes right into the general voicemail box. Problem is after hours message states we are out of office, leave a messge, etc and then operator says to leave a message. Kind of redundant!

Here is my thought: Under allow direct dial, let the admin choose which message to use? Maybe even include a new message type for direct dial? So that the employee could record a more generic message like, "You've reached my voicemail, please leave a message." Instead of "I am unavailable or on another call..."

And even better, could you give us the option in voicemail to choose not to have a message? For this situation, and I can foresee many more where the after hours message or general mailbox message already states to leave a message, so it would be nice to be able to have an "empty" recording or non message at all, just a beep? make sense?
  •  
nhoague

What are your thoughts on my post 83365?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Regarding message #83365:

1. There is an IMAP client already. The problem is that Operator needs a special privilege to access the mail boxes of all its users. If there are other mail servers that can provide such a privilege to a user, we could consider supporting it in the future. We could also consider supporting multiple Operators integrated with a single Connect if people are interested in it.

2. This is currently not possible.
Previous Topic: Auto attendant
Next Topic: Music On Hold (MOH) is very choppy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 19:43:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.