Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Drag and Drop (Compatability)
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Drag and drop seems to work only with Firefox on PC (not Safari or IE on PC), but does work with Safari and Firefox on Mac.

Wouldn't surprise me, but is there something special I need to do for Drag and Drop to work with IE?
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Nicholas,

drag and drop of files is available only in browsers that support the appropriate HTML5 File APIs. Internet Explorer doesn't support them - Microsoft only announced support in the upcoming IE 10.

In our experience, Safari for Windows has a lot of bugs and many things that work seamlessly on Mac are broken on Windows. I'd recommend using something else on Windows.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
nhoague

Oh trust me I use Firefox, but just trying telling that to customers not to use IE. Some people just don't like change.

But at least now I know why and I can explain it to them.
  •  
JaviGM

Hi Jarda!
I'm new at this forum, my name is Javier and i want to say that i have the same trouble. I can't drag and drop documents betwen pages, spaces or folders, i'm only can drag and drop entire pages.
I'm using Windows XP SP3, IE8 and Firefox 8.
Could you help me?

Sorry but my english is very poor...

Javier
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Javier,

there are two places where you can use drag&drop:

- to move pages and spaces around in the navigation tree on the left. This helps you to change the hiearchy of pages and spaces.

- to upload files directly into the page. Dropping files on a file library uploads them into the file library. Dropping image files on a pages creates an image component.

It is not possible to use drag&drop to move files from one file library to another. You can use the clipboard for that - select "Cut this File" in the file context menu, then use the "Paste" action in the target file library's context menu.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
JaviGM

Ok, thanks!
But it would be useful to move files between folders and pages (by Drag&Drop) and also that there was a chance not only to cut and paste but copy and paste too like i do in Windows tree.

Best regards

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2011 14:23]

Javier
  •  
Florian

Hi Jarda,

you are mentioning a drag & drop functionality for the navigation tree on the left hand side in order to change the hierarchy of pages and spaces.

However, this functionality is not working in my case. It always stays in an alphabetic order.

In general drag & drop functionality works fine in KWS - this includes drag & drop files from my harddrive into KWS and drag & drop of a page from one space to another. The only thing that does not work is changing the order.

Could you please let me know if I need to change something (maybe my settings) in order to have this functionality enabled?
Thank you and kind regards

Florian
Previous Topic: Landing Page
Next Topic: Removing Files uploaded to WS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:30:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.