Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange Migration (Gradual migration from Exchange)
  •  
Randy

Send a private message to this user
I've made several attempts to setup Kerio and DNS in order perform a gradual migration of Exchange users to Kerio. Every time I initiate the mx record in exchangedomain.com and configure the Kerio server to allow the new Kerio user to receive for that exchangedomain.com the other exchange users not on Kerio but still on exchange stop receiving email.

Here's my configuration:

Kerio 7.2.3 user migration from Exchange 2003

Kerio server on OSx Snow Leopard 10.6:

1. Setup primary domain1.com
2. Setup exchangedomain.com as alias of domain1.com
3. Setup primary domain1.com forwarding to exchange mx record remote.exchangedomain.com
4. Select checkbox If recipient was not found in the domain, forward to another host

Exchangedomain.com DNS MX and A records:
a> mail host>Kerio IP address
a> remote host>Exchange IP adress
mx> 5 mail.exchangedomain.com
mx> 10 remote.exchangedomain.com

What am I missing here?
Randy
  •  
tonyswu

Since you have your Exchange box and Kerio box on two different domains, I would configure forwarding on the Exchange server instead of trying to configure relaying on Kerio server.
  •  
Randy

Thanks Tonyswu. I will look at it from the Exchange side and report back
Previous Topic: Problem with Outlook Express with Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Cant access emails using pop 3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:17:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.