Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Tips for restoring a user? (Mac OS X install)
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Send a private message to this user
I have a user whose account seems to have gone south in the last 24-36 hours, with 7 months of recent email (thousands of messages) suddenly missing. No idea how it all disappeared, it's just gone from all the IMAP and web clients.

In the domain settings, I have "keep deleted items" on for 30 days. But when I tried "Recover deleted messages" it just spun until it said "the server is not responding". Should this work normally? Or should I really be restoring from my nightly backups?

Thanks for any tips. Account recovery isn't particularly straightforward.
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Well, after updating to the most recent release, the "recover deleted messages" responded quickly that no deleted messages were recovered. But when I dug into the user's mailbox folder, I can see all the message files that appeared to be deleted.

I'm rebuilding index now, I'm guessing that will probably fix it. Is there a way to do that from the web GUI?
  •  
blackbox

I don't believe it's possible to reindex server side user indexes from the web admin console. From a client side perspective, assuming you're utilizing KOFF, I've had success with situations similar to yours, utilizing the KOFF Maintenance tab "Empty Cache" option.

From the sound of your issue (with various clients) it sounds like the issue is on the server side.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 October 2011 22:34]

Previous Topic: kerio-connect will not start after power failure
Next Topic: Webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:38:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.