Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Music On Hold (MOH) is very choppy
  •  
alexpacio

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I installed a Kerio Operator PBX for a company but I have many problems with MOH. It is very choppy and sometimes it doesn't work at all. It seems to be very instable. No problems in classic conversations, no high packet loss, no high CPU or RAM usage, i've tried with many codecs without success. My phones are softphones (X-lite) and analog phones connected to Grandstream GXW4024 FXS gateway.

Please, it's very important for me.

Thanks
  •  
ICT and Me

Which codec is the preffered codex. And what is the LAN speed. Or the traffic load on the LAN.
The sound will be choppy if there is a lot of traffic on LAN without QoS.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

What is your platform? Do you run Operator on bare metal? If your run the virtual appliance, what is your virtual platform?

Vladimir
  •  
alexpacio

LAN is 1 Gigabit and traffic load is absent. I use G711 Alaw/Ulaw codecs. Kerio Operator is installed bare metal.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 10:55]

•  
alexpacio

Please, it's very important. I'm gong to sell Kerio Operator to a customer but if I will not solve this bug i can't proceed.
  •  
ICT and Me

Dear Alex,

I think that you must send a log to Kerio Support or perhaps to Vladimir.
We are selling Operator here in the Netherlands and the MOH isn't choppy. At our office and one customer site it runs on VMWare ESXi server. The internetlines are high. Our office has 120/10 (DL/UL) and at the customersite 40/4. Also we have replaced all standard MOH sounds for our own sounds.
The only thing is that we use real SIP deskphones and DECT phone transmitters with SIP support. But also softphones from X-lite and 3CX on PC and Android(phones) working perfect.
The androids even works with MOH when we are on other locations and wireless connected to internet.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

This could happen if the Operator machine is not able to maintain precise timing. The driver we have in the linux kernel uses timing from a Digium card, if present, and from USB otherwise (the USB clock is actually more precise than then usual motherboard clock). Is it possible that you disabled the USB subsystem on your HW?

Otherwise, please use the built-in packet sniffer (under Configuration -> System -> Network -> Packet Sniffer) to capture the choppy call. Then use Wireshark to diagnose the packet dump (it has some very useful tools in the Telephony menu). Or you can send the dump to me at vtoncar (at) kerio (dot) com.

If the packet dump shows RTP packets going out at precise time intervals, there's something wrong with the network or the receiving client. Otherwise, I would recommend trying another HW.

Vladimir
  •  
alexpacio

If I use VOIP Phones it seems to work correctly but if i use Grandstream GXW4024 for analog phones, MOH is unpredictable.
I installed a testing virtual machine with Elastix 2.2 rc3 (Asterisk 1.8 ) and Grandstream work perfectly.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2011 00:56]

•  
ICT and Me

Alex,

Do youo also perhaps do beta-testing?
Your version Elastix runs Asterisk 1.8 and Operator 1.1.x runs on Asterisk 1.4 if i'm right.
I'm also beta-tester of Operator and have testing at this moment 1.2.x running on Asterisk 1.8
And I know that there are several difference between 1.4 and 1.8 so mabye that's the problem.
If you aren't beta-tester please join the team. Every input on the beta version will help to provide a stronger/better Kerio Operator to our customers.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
alexpacio

Ok, but how can I become a beta tester? How can i get a beta release of Kerio Operator 1.2.x?
  •  
ICT and Me

The beta release 1.2 is only for those in the beta group.
To become a Beta tester, i tought to send a e-mail/PM to Zdenek Samuel or maybe Vladimir.
One thing, a beta release never use it in production. But it's good to know as reseller what the upcoming version can or can't do.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

@alexpacio,

Can you send me the packet dump?

Vladimir
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

To join the beta testing program, start with this survey.
Previous Topic: Voicemail Issues
Next Topic: Specify Caller ID
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:21:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.