Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating to Kerio with Exchange in same domain = how?
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I'm new here. I've been looking for an exchange alternative and kerio might be it. I've installed the 30 day demo and I'm trying to get it working alongside our exchange server. Both are in the same domain. I have MX records for both in our local DNS server and with our domain host. I've now run into some problems and I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I need both Exchange and Kerio to coexist in our domain so the people higher up from me can put it through some day to day real world tests.

1) I set Kerio to forward mail for non-existent users to our exchange server, so mail to exchange from Kerio works. It doesn't work the other way around. Exchange sends a NDR that the user wasn't found. Is there some way around that? It was easy in Kerio to set that forwarding up.

2) I'm unable to send email out of our building via Kerio. It bounces back with "Connections not accepted from servers without a valid sender domain.flpd115 Fix reverse DNS for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Have any of you got them both running side by side? If so, how did you do it?

Exchange = mail.mydomain.com
Kerio = email.mydomain.com

Thanks for the help.
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
I actually got it working now. I just had to set Exchange to forward unresolved recipients in the SMTP virtual server.
Previous Topic: Black Berry Outage moves to the States
Next Topic: Auto-reply - only certain days of the week.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 15:30:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.