Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Access to all Mailboxes (Access to all Mailboxes)
  •  
iceman

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,
I have a site running Kerio connect and the owner has asked me to set him up so that he can access all mailboxes.
Is there any way to do this ?
  •  
ICT and Me

Yes, there is but every mailbox owner (user) must allow access (share) to the other person.
This must be done this way. You cannot allow access from the admin console to all mailboxes.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Kedar

Also check if it's legal in your country to access mailboxes of another users/employees without their agreement.
  •  
sirtech

Resurrecting this thread because we've got Kerio Connect under trial and this thread was the most accurate match on this matter we found. We aren't trying to give access to all mailboxes, just some users access to other users. We have this in Exchange already; some users have full rights over other users mailboxes.

My conclusion is that it can't be done in Kerio itself through KOFF / webmail. Our solution was to attach the mailbox in Outlook via addition of the separate users IMAP account (this is what we do for IMAP clients anyway). It results in sharing of the full mailbox as intended.

The down side is that Kerio doesn't know this is happening, so can't propagate the change to other Kerio clients that the user has (i.e. we setup a users Outlook like this at work, if they want it at home, we have to set it up there again; reverse the procedure for removal). Not very centralised and kind of backwards relative to the synchronized nature of Kerio so I hope Kerio implement mailbox rights in the admin panel at some point.
  •  
puretech

as ICT and me said above, you can access others mailboxes.
All you have to do is share mailboxes with the user you want to have access to them.

For instance, on outlook 2007 with koff (which im running) I can right click on a folder, then share folder and choose which user and what type of rights. Then i would go to the user who i want to have access to, and right click>properties of kerio mailbox on outlook with koff, and then folder mapping. enter user who shared and voila!

no need for separate imap accounts for simple mailbox sharing.
  •  
sirtech

Sure, sharing /folders/ is possible natively in KC. That's in the manual. It works well in our tests.

Folder sharing a subset of sharing a mailbox though. Collectively, all the folders a particular user has constitute a mailbox. If you want to share a complete mailbox doing it the KC way though, you have to share /all/ top level folders in it manually i.e. right click on every folder (Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Deleted Items, plus any other folder that is there) and share them all individually. By this method, any new top folders that are created will also need sharing manually, and will remain invisible to user that has shared access until the actual user does this.

Exchange accounts in Outlook circumvent this by implementing the same kind of folder sharing on the mailbox item itself: right click the "Mailbox - The User" item, go to Properties, and there are permission / sharing options in the tabs on that item. This is in addition to sharing folders inside the mailbox.

Accessing another users mailbox via IMAP will result in full sharing of the mailbox in one sweep, and will always be kept up in sync with the actual mailbox contents.

If you can point out a native way to share a /mailbox/ in KC, I'd *love* to know. But nothing described so far does that and the manual doesn't seem to discuss it at all.
Previous Topic: Updating Sophos via internal pattern host
Next Topic: delete backup to make free space
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 07:04:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.