Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate Events Kerio Connect (duplicate events)
  •  
s.elberts

Send a private message to this user
Hello there,

i have a client who are using Kerio as there mail and calendar server. the client computers connecting through Microsoft Entourage 2008, some 2004 and some outlook 2011.

The high calendar users experiencing issues with duplicate events in the calendar. sometimes 1 calendar get duplicated until 10k calendars or sometimes several calendar appointments get duplicated all over the calendar.
Last week 1 user had 150k calendar items instead of just 800 items, this is no joke.

Kerio support tell me they can't do anything about it and send my this script (dups.pl) wich is very usefull but won't solve the problem.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

•  
andrewrob

Hi. I am having exactly the same problem on a few machines using Entourage 2004. Having to go through and delete them in batches but it takes ages. Did you get to the bottom of it?
  •  
s.elberts

Hi there,

we moved the whole company from Entourage to iCal and Apple Mail.
Entourage + Outlook is pretty much useless in combination with Kerio Connect.
This duplicate issue is a known issue for almost a year now and still no fix.

Hope you can figure out a solution on this
  •  
andrewrob

How much resistance did you get?

I like mail and ical but its not the best for corporate businesses I find.
  •  
s.elberts

Its simple when something like Entourage and Outlook makes the database grow that fast. You have to rebuild them everyday wich makes it useless and it will cost the company money.

iCal calendar is in some ways better then the calendar of Entourage en Outlook, because of the colours.

But ye i agree on that its not the best for enterprising.

But really what choise do you really have ?

•  
stothers

i've been struggling with this for a while, but fear we have to stay on the office suite. we are 50/50 Entourage/Outlook, but Entourage is just killing us. Thunderbird (with lightning) works fine, Mail/iCal work even better (IMHO) but Mail/iCal is just not corporate enough (for lack of a better word).
  •  
andrewrob

We are about to go Outlook 2011 accross the board which will hopefully help us out. We have been using Entourage 2004 which runs slowly on Intel macs which all ours are.
  •  
s.elberts

I really gotta tell you that i have tried Outlook 2011 on the mac with Kerio Connect.
But also on outlook you will see duplicate events and even worse my clients got disconnects for no reason.

So maybe you have more luck!
  •  
andrewrob

I have been using Outlook 2011 personally for a while and have 2 other user using it. I have not had any problems. 1 user had issues viewing other peoples calendars, it would just freeze every 30 seconds. I have no other option as have to upgrade office from 2004 and only 2011 is available. Dont want to get into apple mail as it will mean people having 3 seperate programmes for cals and contacts. I dont like the way mail handles attachments, putting them in the middle of the body of the message. I will have to see.
  •  
s.elberts

Yes your right, you should trie it. Outlook is a great product for mac, but i just couldn't take the risk to spend all the money on upgrades of office and get the same issue again.

•  
andrewrob

our issue is we are not just trying to fix entourage. we need new word excel and powerpoint too. so not too much of a risk.
  •  
FFPR IT

Hey there,

we have the same problem... I got a question about it:

For us, the problem occurs only when we use a mail account in Entourage 2 instances. For Example, on a iMac and a MacBook Pro. Is that with you too?

Thanks for your answer!
Thomas
  •  
andrewrob

The Kerio tech support just fixed my issue. See below.

Hello,

I discussed the issue with my colleagues and developers and the issue should really be fixed. But sometimes it is necessary to stop Kerio Connect and remove .journal.db files from an account which does not work correctly. Those files could be corrupted which causes that the issue still appears in the Kerio Connect 7.3.1. Of course, the Kerio Connect 7.3.1 should also prevent future corruption of the .journal.db files. Then, you should also create a new identity in MS Outlook 2011 (or remove the current one by Database Utility). Please, let as know if it fixes the issue.
Previous Topic: Kerio deploying settings
Next Topic: Sinc folder to BES Express
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:55:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.