Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Gradual migration from Exchange 2003 to Kerio - internal emails question?
  •  
ctsupport

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

We are in the process of migrating an organisation from Exchange 2003 to Kerio. My main question is this:

We migrate a single user to Kerio. External email gets delivered to them fine. If the email is to anyone else it gets forwarded to the exchange server fine.

The problem is, if a user on Exchange emails him, it will not end up in his Kerio inbox as exchange delivers it internally. if I remove his addresses from exchange it bounces.

How do I get exchange to send internal email via the Kerio server so internal exchange users can email migrated users?

Ideally I could get the exchange server to send all emails, including internal ones, through an external DNS, but I cannot find how. Surely others migrating must have found similar?

Thanks,

Sam

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2011 19:47]

•  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
I wanted to do the same thing and got it working. I just typed it all in and hit post reply and it disappeared. ugh! so I will write it again.

1) In DNS on your domain, which we will call mydomain.com, setup a new subdomain called km.mydomain.com
create a record of email.km.mydomain and point it to your kerio server address
2) in kerio, create this sub domain so it can get email
3) create users in the sub domain that will be used as forwarders
in my case, I named them tomforward<_at_>km.mydomain.com
4) set that email account to forward to the main email account you want it to go to on the kerio server
in my case, tom<_at_>mydomain.com
5) on your active directory server, in users and computers, create a new contact and call it tom-kerio with an email address of tomforward<_at_>km.mydomain.com
5) on that same server, go to the main email account, tom<_at_>mydomain.com, and tell it to deliver messages to both it and to the tom-kerio contact

Now when someone sends an email to tom@mydomain.com it gets forwarded to tomforward@mydomain.com which in turn forwards it to tom@mydomain.com. You would think this would be an endless loop, but the kerio server knows there is a local tom<_at_>mydomain.com and will deliver it locally on that server.

This has worked very well for me. I hope this is clear and it helps you.
Previous Topic: Weird Problems sending mails
Next Topic: Limit senders to a group possible?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:41:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.