Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » pfSense 2.0 + Snom Auto provisioning
  •  
fixmymac

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Phones work manually configured fine but I can't get them to auto configure.

pfSense 2.0 running DHCP, Firewall & NAT.

Operator 1.1.1 build 3918

I have set TFTP to the Operator IP but still they won't auto provision - am I missing something?

Dave.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Did you configure option 66 in DHCP? It should be set to Operator's IP address.
  •  
fixmymac

I was under the impression TFTP would do that in pfSense. I will look around and check.
  •  
88fingerslukee

Did you ever get this to work? I am running pfSense 1.2.3 and understand that I'd have to upgrade to 2.0 to ge the parameter 66 option. There is no point in upgrading if that parameter doesn't point the phones to Operator.
  •  
88fingerslukee

Pfsense 2.0 DOES work in auto-provisioning with Kerio Operator.

•  
fixmymac

Any tips on where I am going wrong mate? How did you configure option 66?
  •  
88fingerslukee

Here's what I did:
1.) System/Packages and I installed the TFTP package. (I'm not sure if this is necessary, so you can try the next step first)
2.) Services/DHCP Server - On this page there is an option for TFTP Server. Just click Advanced next to the option and enter in the IP address of your KO box. Auto-provisioning just worked after that.

YMMV
  •  
grazman

to autoprovision tftp has to be either hardcoded on the phone (at which point its not really autoprovisioned completely) or provided via dhcp (option 66). the tftp package is available for pfsense v1.2.3 or in 2.0 (2.0.1 is now out) it is native the the dhcp server.
Previous Topic: TAPI connection
Next Topic: FAX support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:58:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.