Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2010 SPA with Linux server?
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

Send a private message to this user
I didn't want to resurrect the old thread here but I have the exact same question. Kerio is installed on a CentOS server and we have Windows 2008 AD. When using KOFF client I can authenticate against Active Directory manually but not via Secure Password Authentication. Since our users have to change their passwords periodically it would be useful if there was a way for me to do this. In the original thread there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer on whether or not this is possible. Could anybody get me further info on this?
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

Send a private message to this user
Bump. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is becoming a serious issue and we are not willing to migrate to the Windows version of Kerio due to cost and stability concerns. Any pointers would be helpful.

What happens when using manual authentication is this:

1. User changes AD password during Windows logon when prompted (every 60 days)
  2. User opens Outlook with KOFF and password saved
  3. KOFF apparently tries the expired password several times because it locks the user's account in AD before prompting them for the new password

If KOFF would prompt the user after just one password failure this wouldn't be a serious issue because they could just enter their password and be done with it. Group Policy is set to allow up to 5 password failures so KOFF must be sending the wrong password at least that many times. Obviously SPA would solve this issue but I'm open to other solutions. I would like to just tell users not to save their passwords in Outlook at all but I tried suggesting that and it didn't go over very well.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2011 15:05]

Previous Topic: Problem with 7.3 Message Storage
Next Topic: Problem with WebMail & Lion
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 04:07:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.