Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New Kerio admin: Mac client setup help requested (Need help configuring mac clients)
  •  
Lannie

Send a private message to this user
I am new to Kerio. I would like our staff to be able to send meeting/schedules to each other. I want them to be able to see the other users calendar and availability when doing a invite.

Is there a good guide on configuring the Mac Mail/ical/contacts clients with Kerio? I want all users to be able to read or see the other users calendar or even create calendars for group editing. for example, using a calendar for scheduling a meeting room, or ICN room and etc.

The first step is configuring the mac clients. They all have Snow leopard 10.6.8. The kerio server is 7.2.3 build 4971 running on a mac server.

thanks!

Lannie
  •  
Lannie

Would I be better off upgrading to the 7.3 RC1 and using the new assistant feature? I'm too scared of running betas in production. I've done it before on other systems with great success.

I guess it depends on the thoughts on the RC1 build and stability. We only have about 115 users so not a large installation.

Lannie
  •  
chad.mcdonald

I'd hold off on going to KC 7.3 just yet although it looks like configuring Mac clients will be a very streamlined process in KC 7.3 The user manual for Kerio has great information on how to configure Mac Clients properly.

The manual is available online at:

http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/userguide/en/

Look at chapters 10-13 for help configuring Apple iCal, Address book, and Mail.
  •  
Lannie

I messed around with the iCal/Mail/Address book and it did not work as a very polished setup. I read about all the horror stories with the Entourage but I configured it and it works perfectly.

What should I watch out for with Entourage? What will go wrong as others seem to say it will. I want to be prepared! Smile

Thanks,

Lannie
  •  
chad.mcdonald

Entourage has it's quirks but it behaves with Kerio Connect the exact same way as it does with Exchange. Honestly about the only issues you'll have with Entourage is that:

1. User's may feel "jealous" when they see all the other options their PC counterparts have in Outlook on the PC.

2. Entourage occasionally will need the "database" rebuilt as it keeps all mail, contacts and calendars items in one ginormous database file. Since all this info is also stored on the server the users aren't in too much danger of losing item unless they store them in the "folders on my computer" section. The database rebuild process is easy but can be time consuming if you're working with a large amount of data. Because Entourage uses a database file it makes it a very hard program to backup accurately (large file that is constantly changing this). MS have moved away from the database file concept in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Previous Topic: iPhone contacts missing
Next Topic: Sendmail changes in KC 7.2 tip for working with PHP's mail function
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 07:20:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00370 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.