Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » delegates in Outlook 2011 Mac non-functional - what other options are there?
  •  
sfpete

Send a private message to this user

Using delegates in Outlook 2011 Mac is presently broken.

It makes the client application slow to a crawl, and even drags the overall server performance way way down.

This issue has been confirmed by Kerio support and they are trying to find a solution and issue a fix.

In the meantime, just thought I'd throw it out to people at large - how are you dealing with this?

We have assistants that _must_ manage other people's inboxes/calendars, and we have resorted to them only doing this via webmail for the time being.

What other options or work arounds are there?
  •  
stothers

have you installed the latest patch?

this subject has been a thorn in my side for months. the readme indicates delegate calendaring (which they keep claiming they fix, but the fixes inevitably break something else).

•  
sfpete

Have not upgrade the server to KC 7.2.4 yet.

Presently running KC 7.2.3 patch 1, with latest Outlook 14.1.3.

The release notes for KC 7.2.4 indicate:

- Fixed calendar delegation in OS X 10.7.2 iCal update.

...but no mention of anything Outlook related.

iCal (ahem) has it's own set of issues of course.

•  
renefn

You can use "Files - > Open -> Other users folder (or something cloes to that... I'm not using the English version). Here you can subscribe to both mail, calendar and contacts. Unfortunately you can only see the Inbox of the other user...

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
sfpete

Have you found that to work successfully?

In my testing, it functioned extremely slowly.

•  
renefn

It's working well for the Inbox. I have only tested that it worked with calendars but it's not being used actively.

Delegates worked fine with 7.2.2 and didn't cause any problems but when we updated to 7.2.3 patch 1 then it stopped working as it should and it put a huge load on the server so I had to remove all delegated folders that our users used and swithed to "Other users folder" after advice form Kerio support.

I consider it a workaround since it only gives access to the inbox so it's not a complete solution. I'm hoping that 7.3 supports Outlook 2011 fully.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
stothers

i've been playing with iCal all morning and it seems to be finally functional (i patched to 7.2.4 last night). not sure if i will be moving people off Outlook yet, but at least something works.

Thunderbird (with Lightning add-on) appears to work very well as a local client, but not for shared Calendars. Has nice optics of calendar/to-do on the right (but of local calendar only). Would be a good choice for those who don't share.

•  
sfpete

My iCal installs... or experimentation... with iCal have lead me to believe iCal is not enterprise ready. To many oddities, peculiarities, and overall erratic behavior... so to a degree I swore it off awhile back.

Does the bug with meeting invitations coming from outside exchange servers in different time zones... and the event going on the iCal user's calendar at the wrong time still exist?
  •  
sfpete

Wow. Still no fix issued for this.

6 weeks later.

This is absolutely killing us.
  •  
aj08

Something about the Outlook 2011 "find item" command is still making the server grind to a crawl and use up all the CPU it can. 7.3 was supposed to fix this and it didn't and there's no mention of this in 7.3.1.
  •  
sfpete

Has this issue been resolved in Kerio Connect 7.3.2?

It's unclear from the bugs fixed in the release notes what this means...

- Synchronization of Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac could use huge amount of memory.
  •  
aj08

It has not been fixed but they claim it's supposed to be fixed in 7.4. Unfortunately there's no release date on that yet.
  •  
rlcaust

Just got this message from Kerio

I just checked it here and the version I'm running is 8.2 RC1, that's why mine works and your doesn't. (8.1.1)

This delegation feature is available only from Kerio Connect 8.2, the public final release will be available for download from 08/10/13.

Please wait for a couple of weeks and kindly upgrade Kerio Connect to 8.2 so this feature will work for you.

Thank you for contacting Kerio Technical Support.
Regards,

Jonas Rodrigues
Technical Support Engineer
Previous Topic: Can't connect to Instant Messaging
Next Topic: Outlook 2011 cannot find delegate information
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:46:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.