Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Assorted Blackberry Issues
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I've got Kerio Connect installed and running well. I have made a BES server and gone through the installation process to get it working with Kerio. I didn't get any errors or warnings but I am seeing problems and I also see warnings in the application log on the BES server.

I'm able to create users (based on the email addresses in Kerio Connect). I can activate users. The Blackberries recieve and send messages fine.

PROBLEM:
When I delete an email on the Blackberry, it is not deleted in the kerio mailbox. Yes, I know there is a setting in the phone to delete on handheld, mailbox or both. It's set to both.

Here are the warnings I'm getting in the logs.

kerio agent ID 20163 Could not find server distinguished name. user:(my name)

kerio agent ID 20499 {user@mydomain}MsgMemStateDb::GetRefIdByEntryId(uc*,l) - EntryId is 0

kerio agent 20466 MAPIMailbox::GetMessages - PR_RECORD_KEY not found (2)

I have installed the BES server 6 times in an effort to cure this. Sometimes as a standalone server part of a workgroup, sometimes part of the domain, with dmain admin credentials, with local admin credentials. There are no warnings or errors during the installation. Just trouble getting it to sync the deleted mail on the phone back to the mail server.

I am an admin for 100 Blackberry users and I have an exchange server and another BES server connected to exchange. I want to move from Microsoft to Kerio but I'm running into show stopper problems with Blackberries.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been searching for answers for a few days now.

Thanks,
Tom

•  
McIrish

I just did some tests and it appears that calendar item that are deleted on the Blackberry don't get deleted from the mail server either.
OK, I take that back. They did sync but it took 15 minutes for them to sync. I'm not sure if the warnings give any clue. 15 minutes for a sync would be unacceptable here. With Exchange and BES, our guys are used to a 6 second lag in syncing, which is pretty fast. The Kerio connect and new BES server are on much faster hardware. Maybe I need to open a support case?
  •  
zebby

I don't think you are alone with this. Whilst I would always promote Kerio as I think it is a good product, I'm not overly impressed with the BB connecter.
We trialled Kerio/BESX a while ago and found the combination to be very poor.
Our users reported long delays in mail appearing on the BB, mail read on the BB would show as unread in Outlook, items deleted on the BB remained in Outlook and vice versa, the whole thing was a total dog's dinner so in the end we reverted back to using Notifysync.
I don't believe the issues we had were caused by any set up errors. Everything was checked time and time again. Of course the problems we had could have been down to the BESX software but until Kerio is officially supported by RIM you'll get nowhere with them.
  •  
McIrish

Thanks for the info Zebby. That's kind of a bummer. The main selling point of Kerio was native Blackberry support without notifysync. The annual cost of that app for the Blackberrys would be too high to justify it.

As far as my warnings in the logs;
I checked out a couple other forums: Google Apps and Zimbra. In both forums, users were complaining about those warnings. Moderators in those forums said they are false positives and have no effect on the functionality. I wish I could get a statement about that from Kerio.
Previous Topic: 5.4.4 Host not found
Next Topic: Koffbackend.exe won't close (SOLVED)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 20:45:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.