Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone 4S having serious problems connecting to server through activesync (Can connect, but no information is pulled down)
  •  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
I have a user who just upgraded to an iPhone 4S. For about a week her kerio account worked fine on the iPhone. She was able to check emails, calendar, and contacts. Last week something happened, and now she can't get any of that with her account. It shows that it is successfully setup. However, all that shows in email is an empty inbox. Often, she will also start getting a message that it can't connect to the server. Even when it can connect, nothing gets pulled down.

I have deleted her account multiple times, restarted her phone, and restarted Kerio Connect several times. Nothing has solved the problem. I set her up with imap. That at least is giving her email temporarily.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? We have at least 10 other iPhones in this company, including two 4Ss. None of the others are having this problem.
  •  
GlennK

So, what config is broken? Exchange? POP? You say IMAP works.
  •  
jstrickland

The Exchange config is broken. It will go back and forth between checking for emails, and finding none, and giving us the error that it can't connect to the server.
  •  
GlennK

Odd, have 4s here and it works fine. Wonder if there is a corrupt email it can't pull in, or corrupt in a way it doesn't agree with. for a test, try to set the phone up as exchange with another account. If it works, then its something in the settings or the content.
  •  
j.a.duke

My 4S isn't having any trouble connecting to both 7.2.3 & 7.1.4 servers.

Both are setup as Exchange.

Can you access her account (as Exchange) from another iPhone OK? If so, what iOS version is that running?

I'd suspect her phone as the problem, but if you have issues with multiple devices, then I'd suspect the account.

Have you also deleted the mobile device (Users-More Actions-Mobile Devices)? If you haven't done that, I'd try that as well.

The details of each mobile device can definitely help you figure out what's happening.

Let us know what you figure out.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
jstrickland

I am going to try to setup another exchange account on her phone, as well as setting her account up on someone else's phone. I am suspecting it is an actual issue with her account as well.

I have removed the mobile device from her account, and forced it to be recreated again. That did not help.
  •  
jstrickland

After extensive testing. It is looking more and more like there is an issue with the actual account. Right now, it seems that imap and pop3 are the only methods that can access this account. Trying to login to the account using the webmail does not even work. It just timeouts.
  •  
jstrickland

I'm wondering if a re-index of this account might be in order. My guess is that if that does not work, the account may just be hosed.
  •  
jstrickland

So far (cross my fingers) the re-indexing seems to have done the trick. Her exchange setup is working great in both Outlook 2011 and on her iPhone.
  •  
MarkK

Two things. First, make sure her account is not locked but unlocking all users. The account can get locked out per each access type, so you may be able to access through Outlook or webmail and be locked out through activesync. Second, use you debug log. By turning on some of its options you will be able to trace exactly what is happeneing.

When I had something like this happen, I had to turn off one of the authentications options.
Previous Topic: Best way to move messages?
Next Topic: Kerio and Android
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:54:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.