Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Full sync between 2 email servers?? Possible? (wiers request...)
  •  
NuStiu

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a friend who wants the following setup:
he has now a 120 User Kerio connect in one location with offline connector to most users.
because of power/ISP outages he wants to setup a second server to a different location .
he wants all email/accounts to be synchronized between servers.
when the power or ISP goes down the email function will be taken care by the backup server.

Can Kerio do that?

Than You.
  •  
NuStiu

•  
hbianchi

As an approach, you can sync files at operating system level. This will not give you a 100% sync, and probable will lost las hour or las miutes messages but ir works. I have a KC installation on a linux server and I copy configuration files and messages to a mirror server using Linux RSYNC command. For configuration files i do it once a day, for messages I do it 3 times a day but it is possible to do it more frequently. I do not note any performance issue when RSYNC is running.
  •  
InterHmai

On a mac you can use Carbon Copy Cloner (which is pretty much rsync).

We have 650gb of mail store, for about 65 users.

It runs once every 2 hours, and takes about 20 minutes to complete. Each time it runs, it just mirrors incrementally whats changed since the last run, and keeps deleted/changed files in an archive folder that survives a week before it is pruned.

We've had one situation where we had to use the 2ndary backup. Kerio came back as expected, mostly just complained about clients having emails that didn't exist on the server.

It was only 2 users that had this problem and those emails ended up in the trash anyway. Not sure how you'd fix this, probably by having the user dragging the emails out to the desktop, then back in.
Previous Topic: User cannot see shared resources
Next Topic: iCal regularly going offline AKA how many delegates are too many?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:55:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.