Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Adding meeting names to "Resources" as they are checked out?
  •  
Mr. Doug

Send a private message to this user
I'm writing a script that displays the name, and attendees of a meeting for the rooms at our office. I'd like to display the name of the meeting, and the times.

When I parse the file, I have all the info I need...but the title of the meeting.

Any ideas? VEVENT data below...

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTEND;TZID=US/Eastern:20111109T073000
ORGANIZER;CN="Meeting Organizer":mailto:user<_at_>email.com
UID:3ED71503-EF38-4980-A0A6-4C980D0FA12C
DTSTAMP:20111109T000140Z
URL;VALUE=URI:testurl.com
SEQUENCE:7
CLASS:PUBLIC
SUMMARY:Meeting Organizer
DTSTART;TZID=US/Eastern:20111109T070000
CREATED:20111108T232327Z
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;CN="Conference Room 4";CUTYPE=ROOM:mailto:CR4<_at_>email.com
ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;CN="Other Attendee";CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL:mailto:attendee<_at_>email.com
END:VEVENT

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2011 01:14]

•  
Mr. Doug

I forgot to add, the name of the meeting is "Hello World" which doesn't appear anywhere. I also thought of the "Notes": field, but that doesn't appear to be added either. I have "test note" in that field right now.
  •  
Anonymous
The property you are looking for is SUMMARY.
It seems you have unexpected data in your VEVENT
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5545.txt

"Notes" are usually in DESCRIPTION property.

For instance:

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20111109T083834Z
UID:334b1bcb-8862-4b2c-899a-bc31abcfc54c
ORGANIZER;CN=Administrator:mailto:admin@localhost
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:Hello world
DTSTART;TZID="Amsterdam, Belgrade, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Stockholm":20111109T100000
DTEND;TZID="Amsterdam, Belgrade, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Stockholm":20111109T103000
CLASS:PUBLIC
PRIORITY:5
TRANSP:OPAQUE
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
X-LABEL:0
X-NEXT-ALARM:20111109T084500Z
DESCRIPTION:Let's meet and have fun.
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT15M
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is intentional as the event summary and description usually contains sensitive information. For resource scheduling it is more important to know 'who' and 'when' than 'what'.

See http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/15022/60014/#msg_60014
http://forums.kerio.com/m/82070/#msg_82070
  •  
Mr. Doug

That's not how it works in Exchange though. We had a solution that worked off of those fields to schedule meetings, and display the meeting name, and/or attendees.

To be clear: This is a decision that Kerio made?

We can do it with setting up the resource as a person, and then making a calendar for it. But that's REAL sloppy, when there is an existing solution for these things.

Is it configurable? Shouldn't it just mask the title if it's a private event?
  •  
TorW

While resource calendar event descriptions are hidden (for non-attendees) by default, you can make them visible for everyone: http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=200
Previous Topic: Autto BCC for every outgoing mail?
Next Topic: AVG-Version supported in 7.1.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:32:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.