Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 7.3.0 build 5623 problem
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
Thunderbyte wrote on Thu, 10 November 2011 15:30
A complete removal of both Kerio components and removal of the (local) mailbox did render my Outlook Kerio mailbox COMPLETELY useless, as I got the mentioned error message for EACH AND EVERY entry I have in the mailbox (mails, contacts, appointments). I stopped the initial sync after >5000 ERRORS at 20%

Other clients (MS Outlook 2011 for Mac, Webclient, mobile Clients) do not seem to be affected. ONLY 32 Bit KOff for Windows (at least for me).

Wow ... Mine is still downloading. 8400 messages left.
BTW I opened a Ticket at Kerio support yesterday but still no answer
  •  
Thunderbyte

I saw all the errors counting up in the inbox just from the beginning, so I decided to stop it.

Yeah, my ticket is also open since yesterday, I have even called Kerio, but no answer yet. What they told me yesterday on the phone however: the error codes I gave them seemed to belong to an error they thought they had fixed in a 7.2.x version already. I have also sent in the content of "__keriomapi__STORE/Failed_Conversions" on the server in a ZIP file and my local debug log.
  •  
maxreefer

Thunderbyte wrote on Thu, 10 November 2011 16:39
I saw all the errors counting up in the inbox just from the beginning, so I decided to stop it.

Sad I couldn't get into Inbox so I had to wait.
Now after more than 3hr the sync is done and ..... 15000 error into inbox instead of mails!
  •  
Thunderbyte

Yep. Exactly my problem as well!

I am using the CentOS VMware Image from about 1 1/2 years ago, of course with the newest updates (CentOS 5.7 right now). On which platform is your server?
  •  
Thunderbyte

And to double the pleasure:

have a look into your folders: /MAILSTORE/mail/domain.tld/user/__keriomapi__STORE/Failed_Co nversions/#msgs

as you now have 15000 items in this folder.

That error SUCKS!!!
  •  
McIrish

I'm very thankful I didn't run into any of that trouble when upgrading. Everything went pretty smooth, except the Kerio service wouldn't stop and the installed failed the first time. I reran it and everything was fine.
  •  
bsc-computer

we have the same problems, too
so bad...

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2011 07:28]

•  
Thunderbyte

Now I have REALLY done the BIG thing Shocked :

- Removed KOff and Updater
- Deleted C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Kerio
- Removed the Kerio Mail Profile in "Administrative Tools - E-Mail (32 Bit)"
- Uninstalled Office 2010 32 Bit completely (including SP1 and updates since then)
- Restart
- Reinstalled Office 2010, KOff and SP1
- ADDED A NEW PROFILE AND SET IT AS DEFAULT
- Added the Kerio mailbox again through "Administrative Tools - E-Mail (32 Bit) - E Mail Accounts... - New..."
- Started Outlook and IT WORKS!!! I can add appointments again, my mails sync without problems and I do not get the errors mentioned above. Shocked Laughing

EDIT: I truly think that the new profile did the job. On the other hand, I haven't reinstalled a number of Office updates (since SP1), which also could have been the cause of the problem.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2011 01:19]

•  
bsc-computer

Thunderbyte wrote on Fri, 11 November 2011 01:16
I truly think that the new profile did the job.

not correct. Delete all local profile und reinstall has no effect.

Btw, we have clients with outlook 2007 and 2010. Same problem!

Yesterday we talked with a german kerio support employee.
He said "no Kerio Problem, it due to Outlook Addins ..."

In my opinion this answer is out of the question...
  •  
bsc-computer

I truly think that the new profile did the job.

not correct. Delete all local profile und reinstall has no effect.

Btw, we have clients with outlook 2007 and 2010. Same problem!

Yesterday we talked with a german kerio support employee.
He said "no Kerio Problem, it due to Outlook Addins ..."

In my opinion this answer is out of the question...
  •  
Thunderbyte

I have "reproduced" my method now on my second PC with Kerio problems and it did the same good job.

I am not sure what really corrected the problem, it might have also been corrupted files in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Kerio.

All I know is that everything is back to normal again after the described procedure - and I mean all of it.
  •  
maxreefer

Now I have REALLY done the BIG thing Shocked :

- Removed KOff and Updater
- Deleted C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Kerio
- Removed the Kerio Mail Profile in "Administrative Tools - E-Mail (32 Bit)"
- Uninstalled Office 2010 32 Bit completely (including SP1 and updates since then)
- Restart
- Reinstalled Office 2010, KOff and SP1
- ADDED A NEW PROFILE AND SET IT AS DEFAULT
- Added the Kerio mailbox again through "Administrative Tools - E-Mail (32 Bit) - E Mail Accounts... - New..."
- Started Outlook and IT WORKS!!! I can add appointments again, my mails sync without problems and I do not get the errors mentioned above. Shocked Laughing

EDIT: I truly think that the new profile did the job. On the other hand, I haven't reinstalled a number of Office updates (since SP1), which also could have been the cause of the problem.

I tried you solution and now it works! THANKS
btw the support suggested me to follow your solution Very Happy
  •  
Thunderbyte

Hehe, great that you had success as well. Well, I posted that solution to my ticket as well, so they might have copied it from there to your ticket Very Happy .

One thing I did after all of that to "clean up":

If you have a look into your "__keriomapi__STORE/Failed_Conversions/#msgs" folder, you might have >15.000 .eml files in there. From another supporter, I was told to stop Kerio and delete the contents of this folder (not the folder itself) and restart Kerio. I did that and it still kept working, with a MUCH smaller mailbox. So I would suggest that to you as well.
Previous Topic: iCal regularly going offline AKA how many delegates are too many?
Next Topic: Kerio imap & OSX mail.app
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:17:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00522 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.