Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Information on New Features
  •  
hbianchi

Send a private message to this user
In 7.3 version, two features / tools were added, index rebuilding and full text search, but there are no detailed description on how they work. In fact I didn't find much more than a brief mention in Manuals and Help files. I have some questions and i request somebody from Kerio to answer them:

Index Rebuilding
----------------
- does the index rebuilding option run automatically? when?
- if it does not run automatically: can be run manually for all users at once? how?
- can be scheduled?
- does it rebuild only index.fld or some other files as well?

Full Text Search
================
- the process creates index files in the .../fulltext.
- are those files updated automatically or we must do periodic rebuilds?
- does those file be updated "online", as the maessage is created or there is a periodic process that update those indexes?
- is there any idea on how much resources does this process takes or needs?
- Is there any criteria (word lenght, figures yes or no, etc.) to index words? can those criterias be modified? are you using any commercial package? how are Capital letters indexed? and accent vowels? is it adapted for Spanish?
  •  
McIrish

Good question. I wish I knew the answer.
  •  
dsegel

Is fulltext search working for anybody? I just get "Search database not ready." messages in the debug log when I try to search (although it does return the old kind of search, from the From and Subject fields). I've indexed and reindexed several times.
  •  
hbianchi

to have the full text search working, you should first "enable" it, to setup the location of the indes, and to build it. All those configurations and actions are in the Administration Console - Advanced Options - Storage Directory.

When you first build the index it begins working and its still working after two days (600 users and about 300 GB of mails). Index is being done user by user.

Information on this is very brief and there is no further description on how it works, how it updates itelf and what are indexing criteria. That why I'm asking Kerio to give us some extended information on the matter.
  •  
giobbi

I would like to add this:

How to "debug" rebuilding of indexes. If they are constantly rebuilding, something is wrong but what?

In my case i have checked the storage, computer, os - everything is ok. Is the storage to slow for example? How do i know/find out?
Previous Topic: MX Record Over Ride
Next Topic: Calendar name within the browser
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:48:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.