Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iOS 5 and Accepted Event Notifications (Event Organizer continues to receive the same Accepted Event notifications)
  •  
Todd Long

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

Since the iOS 5 release; when certain iPhone users check messages, or do something email related (I'm not sure which) the Event Organizer receives an email stating the user has accepted an event. It can be one event or multiple events. At the same time I see a corresponding spike in bandwidth from the data center where Kerio is hosted to the office. I can only assume the bandwidth spike is all the Outlook clients in the office re-syncing with the server. Whenever the iPhone user does something email related again, the series of events repeats. The users don't really notice anything, except the Event Organizer who continues to get the same email messages

This started while on Connect 7.2.3 and continues with 7.3.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and been able to resolve it?

Cheers,

Todd Long
  •  
rrisdal

Yes, I have seen this as well with 7.2.4, happens occasionally on iOS5 devices. Haven't updated to 7.3 yet.
  •  
Todd Long

I was hopeful that 7.3 would resolve it, but I'm sad to report that it did not.
  •  
My IT Indy

Interesting, I just came across a client with the exact same issue. I'm checking with them to see if the event was accepted on the iPhone or not.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Todd Long

I've asked the iPhone users to refrain from accepting invitations on their phones. I will report back if that appears to clear up the issue.

Todd
  •  
Todd Long

So, not accepting invitations on the iPhone (iOS 5) clears up the issue. Hopefully the fix for this will be in the next release of Connect.

Todd

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 16:24]

•  
DanHargrove

Does anyone know if there will be a fix for this issue in 7.3.4? We are running Kerio connect on a PowerPC xServe and have many users experiencing this issue. Thanks
  •  
Todd Long

Can someone from Kerio please confirm if this ("Meeting reply sent from mobile device could have incorrect SEQUENCE number") is the fix?
Previous Topic: Disable Instant Search in Outlook 2010?
Next Topic: Shared calendar gives high CPU utilization
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:36:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.