Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » ask - how to migrate from one system to another
  •  
no_name

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

we currently installed KWF 6.0 (I know it is old version, and still use, because of many reasons).

anyway, I plan to upgrade our server, completely new. how to migrate (copy all settings and license info) from old server to another? so I don't need to re-configure and re-setup from the beginning? thanks before
  •  
Goran

you can backup *.cfg files and replace them on new version... but i will not suggest that because your version is old...
The bes will be:
Beckup cfg file
then on new fresh installation you open cfg file and manually add (in xml file format), address group, new services, rules... etc...

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
no_name

hi,
thanks for info and advice, I'll try it.

sorry if out of topic, is it possible to copy cfg files if the version different? either source is newer version or lower version. thanks before.
  •  
no_name

hi,

I don't know how to open the cfg file into KWF. please help me.
sorry if I ask something ridiculous. thanks before
  •  
no_name

Goran wrote on Mon, 14 November 2011 09:36
you can backup *.cfg files and replace them on new version... but i will not suggest that because your version is old...
The bes will be:
Beckup cfg file
then on new fresh installation you open cfg file and manually add (in xml file format), address group, new services, rules... etc...

hi,
how to manually add the config? thanks before
  •  
Goran

Use open with --> notepad.

Manualy COPY, PASTE

•  
ICT and Me

@no_name
On a windows system just copy the map from the old system to the new system. After copy just install Winroute again on the new system, it will use the settings what you have copied.
But why still running on Winroute. No valid license anymore or are you running a hacked version?

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
no_name

ICT and Me wrote on Fri, 18 November 2011 14:25
@no_name
On a windows system just copy the map from the old system to the new system. After copy just install Winroute again on the new system, it will use the settings what you have copied.
But why still running on Winroute. No valid license anymore or are you running a hacked version?

I'm not familiar with winroute, but my boss ask me to use same "technology" which already used until now, so I only need to buy new cpu and then "copy-paste" that technology from old server to the new one.

in the matter of that, I'm sorry if I don't understand "the thing" that you've called "map". which one I need to copy? because I can't find folder "map" in directory KERIO.

about why I (we) still running on winroute, because my boss ask to do (won't buy / spend another money, just use current). I don't know whether KWF can be installed on different computer or not, if we do migration. or the license only valid for one system (can't be migrated?).
anyway, how to check the license still valid or not? thanks before
  •  
Goran

OH, i will sound rude now...
How did you get that job if you don't know what *.cfg means?!

Ok any way:
Install your NEW pc (server) when you make stable system,
Same ip's as on OLD server. Install Winroute on (NEW server).

!!Licence winroute (NEW server).
Stop winroute on (NEW server)
Copy all *.cfg files from
main winroute directory (ROOT) //OLD SERVER
to --> (NEW server) winroute folder (ROOT)
Start winroute on (NEW server)

You will have to reconfigure only (NEW server) NIC properties and in traffic rules replace (OLD nic names with new one, if needed)

If you did not understand that call Kerio support.

•  
no_name

Hi Goran,

thanks for your clearly description. Now I understand what I need to do.

Anyway, how I got this job, cause my boss asked me to do this job, based on my hobby with computer. I know what is *.cfg means Very Happy ,what I didn't know is how to migrate to the new system. I thought it would not just as simple as "Copy-paste" the cfg files Embarassed

thanks all for the support.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2011 10:58]

•  
Goran

Hey, sorry bad morning form me!

Im glad if i helped, if you stuck, we are here...

•  
ICT and Me

@Goran,

I thought so that you had a bad morning. It wasn't you writing. Normally you aren't like that.

@no_name
What I meant with "map" is the same as directory. But windows calls a directory a map now this days.
But the solution given by Goran is the same idea. Only I copy always the entire map (directory) because i had some minor problems in the past.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2011 07:12]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Goran

Yes ICT, im not like that, just bad day,
im sorry again no_name.

Yes in this days Folder is called map Razz

•  
no_name

to Goran and "ICT and Me",
thanks to update my info about that (map = directory) Very Happy I really didn't know.haha.

anyway, this case already solved. thanks to all

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 03:30]

•  
Goran

OK, no problem Razz

Previous Topic: Database eror
Next Topic: Exchange ActiveSync Firewall Idle Timeout Configuration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:44:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00551 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.