Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal regularly going offline AKA how many delegates are too many?
  •  
bioniccat

Send a private message to this user
I have a client whose iCal accounts are constantly going offline. Things used to work just fine, but in the past 6 months or so, all the iCal calendars in the office will go offline every week or two. It's usually a struggle to get them back online and generally involves adding delegate calendars back one by one and letting them sync in individually before adding another.

(I should mention, this is after removing the .caldav.db file and renaming suspect accounts index.fld to index.bad.)

In my most recent go around, I called support trying to figure out why this keeps happening with increasing regularity and they seems shocked that all users at this small law firm were sharing one another's calendars.

On any given user's calendar, they may have 7-10 delegate calendars including conference rooms, other attorneys or paralegals.

My question is twofold: first, is this reasonable or too many? The Kerio support person I spoke with said "kerio wasn't designed for so many delegates calendars." I'm incredulous, but would appreciate the thoughts of the community: are 7-10 delegate calendars too many? Of those, perhaps 2-3 are users with heavy schedules.

If this isn't too many, any ideas on why iCal wants to keep going offline?

Cheers,
Stephen

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2011 03:09]

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
Bionic Cat
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
http://bioniccat.com
  •  
tonyswu

I don't think it's the number of delegate that matters so much, rather than the size of the each individual calendar. Try limiting each calendar to the past 180 days on iCal, and see if the issue improves. Our heaviest calendar users probably have 14 calendars shared across the office, and one user even has 7 calendars that are being shared.
  •  
bioniccat

Thanks for the thoughts!

This is probably a 101 question, but I didn't know you could limit the time frame for iCal. How are you limiting iCal to the past 180 days?

Thanks,
Stephen

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
Bionic Cat
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
http://bioniccat.com
  •  
tonyswu

In Preferences, under Advanced, there is an option to delete events after number of days.
Previous Topic: Full sync between 2 email servers?? Possible?
Next Topic: 7.3.0 build 5623 problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 12:02:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.