Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio imap & OSX mail.app (Duplicate imap folders for deleted msg's ....)
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi!
I'm currently having my first experiences with Kerio, OSX mail.app & iPhone...

Within mail.app I've got a new "Kerio" imap section in my folder tree as usual with imap. But mail.app creates it's own send, drafts & deleted messages folders - right on top of the tree view where all the other accounts got their folderd as well. I'm on a german system here btw...

But now within Kerio these folders are created as well! So now I've got one "Gelöschte Objekte" and one "Deleted Messages". When I delete a message within mail.app it'll go into the imap "Deleted Messages" folder. When I delete a message with the webmail into the "Gelöschte Objekte" folder - the one with the correct trashcan icon.

Same for "Send Messages" & "Postausgang".

That's a bit confusing when both folders for one kind are filled ... any idea how to avoid that? Thanks! Razz
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

in Apple Mail select folder "Gelöschte Objekte" and then go to menu and select Mailbox -> Use This Mailbox For -> Trash. Do the same for other folders as well (Sent Items, Draft, Junk Email).

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Spacey

Hi Petr,

thanks a lot! When I set this - will this work *just* for the Kerio account or for *all* other accounts as well within mail.app? I didn't dare to to try because I don't wanna mess up the handling my other 7 accounts Wink
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Spacey wrote on Wed, 16 November 2011 15:18
Hi Petr,

thanks a lot! When I set this - will this work *just* for the Kerio account or for *all* other accounts as well within mail.app? I didn't dare to to try because I don't wanna mess up the handling my other 7 accounts Wink

Use "Exchange-IMAP" account instead of "IMAP". It has been discussed several times in this forum.
  •  
Spacey

Thanks.... if I'd know for what to search exactly I'd have found it - "exchange imap" was the magic word.... thanks. Seems to work!
Previous Topic: 7.3.0 build 5623 problem
Next Topic: Deleted accounts appear in Apple Mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:11:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.