Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unable to upgrade to 7.3
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

Send a private message to this user
Normally upgrading Kerio Connect server works smoothly, without a hitch. Not so this time.

To start with, the the mailserver service failed to stop. After hitting the "retry" button, the installer prompted again that the service did not stop. I then hit the cancel button on the error message, which rolled-back the install.

I restarted Windows and tried the install again. This time a different error appeared:

"Error 1714. The older version of Kerio Connect cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

I then tried setting the service startup to "manual," restarted Windows, and tried again. Result: same error message.

So I tried to uninstall the older version using the add/remove programs. No luck there either, but a different error message appeared this time:
"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. "

So I tried re-installing the existing version (7.2.3-5179-p1), but received the same "error applying transforms" message.

What do you think? I have a utility to remove the installer data from the registry (Windows Installer Clean-up Utility). Should I use that and then try installing 7.3 again?

(Note: I reported this to tech support yesterday and have not received a reply. I guess since our server is still working with version 7.2 I'll just have to wait until they get caught up.)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2011 20:04]

•  
gbrown100

A quick Google reveals this:

I've encountered the following message/error:
"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid."

It sometimes appears when installing a MSI while using the commandline property TRANSFORMS="MYMSI.mst".

A quick fix seems to be to install Windows Installer 3.0 or 3.1.

Have you tried that?

Graham
  •  
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

I have "Windows ® Installer. V 4.5.6001.22159"

If I understand the thread you referenced correctly, I should...

- Delete all files in the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp folder
- Find the GUID for Kerio Connect transforms in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\
- Run setup for 7.2
- When the "error applying transforms" message appears, check the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp folder for a new folder with a GUID
- Create a copy of that folder
- Rename the copied folder to the GUID of the Kerio Connect transforms
- Try install of 7.2 again

Supposedly at this point the installation is repaired and the upgrade to 7.3 will work?

Just confirming that is what you think I should try.

djz
  •  
gbrown100

Hi,

Well the last article was for Control not Connect but it's possible it will work for both. Personally since your server is working I would just wait for support to come back to you but if you can't wait then you may want to give it a go, assuming you have made all the necessary backups!

Graham
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

I'm not in a hurry, so I'll just wait to hear from them.

I just posted this to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks for replying!

djz
Previous Topic: Deleted accounts appear in Apple Mail
Next Topic: UDP Callback Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:50:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.