Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Test utility or service
  •  
greg_m

Send a private message to this user
I recently spent several hours trying to migrate our mail server to new hardware over the weekend only to find our firewall provider had not configured the firewall correctly. I had to roll back and will have to waste another few hours on another weekend. Lesson learned: always double chack someone elses work.

So, given I'm not happy working in Terminal, are there any testing apps or services out there that any of you have used to check a Kerio server is working and that the firewall is configured on all required ports? I'd need SMTP, IMAP POP and WebDAV tested.

Cheers
  •  
TorW

You can use PC Flank's advanced port scanner. Start the test, select TCP connect scanning (standard), select "Scan desired ports" and enter 25,80,110,143,443,587,993,995 in the text box. The results come back after a couple of seconds.

25: SMTP
80: HTTP (and WebDAV)
110: POP3
143: IMAP
443: HTTPS (and WebDAV)
587: SMTP Submission
993: IMAP SSL
995: POP3 SSL

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2011 19:16]

•  
greg_m

I ran this scanner and got the attached results. What is this telling me? The ISP has made some changes to the firewall rules since I tried to migrate the server, so I need to test this.
  •  
TorW

Can't see any attached results.
  •  
greg_m

Apologies, the file was too big. I'll try again.

•  
TorW

The results mean:
80 stealthed: HTTP port is not open
110 stealthed: POP3 port is not open
995 stealthed: POP3 SSL port is not open

SMTP, HTTPS and IMAP SSL ports are open, i.e. the relevant services on your server is responding. It seems you didn't test port 143 (IMAP) at all, and port 587 is also missing from the test.
Previous Topic: How is Kerio going to deal with Mozilla's rapid release process?
Next Topic: Why is Search so bad (punctuation makes it fail)?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:16:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.