Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Trigger agenda synchronisation server-side (agenda synch through server-side process)
  •  
alx.be

Send a private message to this user
Dear forum members,

Still evaluating Kerio Connect as our possible next move towards more flexibility and features rich user experience.

No doubt KC can/will provide our users all they need, and even more, but... I need to integrate this platform with all our other solutions/developments currently in use.

The Adminstration API (for which documentation provided is very instructive) is surely part of the global picture.
Nevertheless, I'd like to submit one extra question.

How would you recommend me to trigger a process for each agenda/note/task modification within Kerio, server-side ? The objective of this process is to externalize the items updates and make them available (synchronize) into (an)other systems.

To be clear, whenever a user will operate a change on a member calendar/note/task, I'd like the Kerio server to trigger some process which will send this information to another system.
At least if this process could send an item type and id, the Kerio Administration API could then do the trick to retrieve the latest state and do the necessary to 'synchronize' the other system(s).

This could be compared to the procmail daemon which can be programmed to 'make something' each time a mail is received into a IMAP mailbox. It won't be triggered though when the mail is read, answered, deleted, which could be useful too.

I hope this request make sense to some of you and can help us out make our final decision.

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
  •  
alx.be

Send a private message to this user
This is not a reply but some options I discovered to overcome my problem.

As it seems each KC item (agenda event, note, task, mail) is a flat file on the server, and as I count on a full access to the host machine, I plan to perform some batch routine every minute or so which will look at created/modified items/files since the last run.

This should end up with some file names lists, which could then be analysed by another process, more likely a php-based script, which with some caldav library will give 'me' access to those files contents I can further process. This will function as far as the item file names can be given to the caldav process to identify the given item. Maybe I'll need to convert this filename into an item id, with the help of the KC API.

Just as a reminder, this is not for the fun of it, but I crually need to be able to 'synchronize' subsets of KC items into other systems. Those will take the agenda/tasks events into account for some other business processes (statistics, event logs, event/activity tracking,...).

If of course you (the community/the development staff) would recommend another technique, I'll appreciate.

Best regards
Previous Topic: OS Lion - Apache and Kerio webmail services
Next Topic: Revamped Webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:35:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.