Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Gigabit and Jumbo Frames on Kerio Control 7.0.1 b1098 (Gigabit and Jumbo Frames on Kerio Control 7.0.1 b1098 - is this OK?)
  •  
theprism

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Here is my setup:

1 machine: Windows 7 x64. Gigabit NIC. CPU: i7, RAM: 6GB
2 machine: Windows 7 x64. Gigabit NIC. CPU: i5, RAM: 4GB
3 machine: Windows 7 x86. FE NIC.
4 machine: Windows XP SP3 x86. FE NIC.
NAS: D-Link DNS-323. Gigabit NIC.

All devices are interconnected through a Gigabit switch.
All machines have Kerio Control 7.0.1 b1098 installed on each of them.

I'm trying to switch from a 100Mbps network to a fully-functional Gigabit between the first two machines and the NAS.

Tests done so far:
1. With Kerio Control enabled and no jumbo frames enabled on the interfaces, even if the ports shows 1Gbps, I don't have more than 100Mbps transfers with the NAS. Between machines I may reach something between 100 and 150Mbps.

2. With Kerio Control disabled and no jumbo frames enabled on the interfaces, even if the ports shows 1Gbps, I have around 110Mbps transfers with the NAS. Between machines I may reach something between 500 and 750Mbps (windows 7 built-in packets optimisation).

3. If I enable jumbo frames on my NIC cards and doesn't matter if I leave the Kerio Control enabled or disabled, I can't do transfers anymore with the NAS. But if I uninstall Kerio Control, transfers between Windows Machines and the NAS reaches 200-250Mbps.

Questions:
Does Kerio Control supports Gigabit transfers?
Does Kerio Control supports Jumbo Frames?
If so, how do I configure them and have my issues solved?

Thank you,
The_PRISM
  •  
markt

Can you just clarify - you actually have a full installation of Kerio control on EACH machine? What are you trying to achieve with this setup? Kerio Control is generally installed as a gateway / routing / proxy position rather than a client application.
  •  
ICT and Me

Why do you have four systems running Control? That also means if you want to buy or already bought you got four times a 5 user license. That's rather stupid or you have a lot of money to spend! Otherwise your using hacked version. And in that case there is no support and guarantee on the working of Control.
"Markt" has already said it Control is made to work with two NIC's like a gateway/proxy/VPN server. I advice you to install Control on one system and make it dedicate firewall. Use Control Software Appliance. It's Linux based and has no problems like the Windows variant caused by Windows. Leave all other systems just what they are, Windows systems. You can even choose to disabled Windows Firewall, because you are behind a good firewall product. Kerio Control!

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 18:33]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
theprism

My question wasn't related to the stupidness of my setup or what kind of licenses I have, or whatever. My question was enough technical to filter all the curious guys that do nothing but just talking.
Is here anyone on the forum who is aware about how to properly configure jumbo frames and have full working Gbps connectivity by using Kerio Control?

Thanks,
The_PRISM
  •  
markt

No, but in better understanding your goal I was hopeful I may be able to help.
However, given your stance on others willing to help, you are now one down on one possible source.
Good Luck.
  •  
ICT and Me

Dear Alexia,

Also from use. Good luck.
Your negative feedback and bad information won't give you any normal feedback.
We are certified Control reseller so the answer you get from us was honest. We were curious if you work with one license on several systems, because that isn't allowed.
Also you mentioned version 7.0.1 b1098 (this version is on internet as hacked version). Why haven't you try the latest version 7.2.1 from oktober 25 2011 before you ask some questions. As said before hacked version aren't working well.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
theprism

Hi guys,

I'm not using the latest versions because I don't like that they're using browsers for management.
7.0.1 b1098 is the latest version until the browser's version appeared.
As being said, my goal is to have gigabit and maybe jumbo frames working through the Control.

I have no negative feedback and I'm ready to provide as much information as it's required for this specific topic, but offtopic stuff is just waste of time.

Please, let's not count who have how much money for building a stupid environment. Which I don't think it is.
Control is a good firewall, in my opinion the best even for a standalone PC.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You're running really old version. There were performance improvement in the driver in later versions, you should upgrade to the latest version. Your performance problems might be already fixed in the latest version.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
theprism

Thank you Petr for your input.

I downloaded the trial version and installed it on my 5th machine just for evaluation for now, but it is asking me for a 30-days trial license nr.
Any idea where I should get this?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

•  
theprism

This is one of the reasons why I don't like the "browser version". I couldn't find the option to skip the registration and the online activation option as well... it's just asking for the serial number.
  •  
theprism

Hi guys,

See attached what it's asking me. No way to skip it even for a trial Sad
It looks like the user guide is obsolete.

Any suggestions?

The_PRISM

•  
ICT and Me

I don't know what you have done, but you can skip registration.
See screenshot. This is version 7.2.1
The only thing there will be deactivation of some updates.
./fa/2383/0/

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
rustyfelixx

After skipping of this registration step as specified above in the screen shot will the user be able to register successfully.
  •  
ICT and Me

@theprism

What internet browser your using? The screenshot I made was IE, but get same result on Firefox.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: block ultra surf
Next Topic: Speed issues
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:00:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00518 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.