Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail archive recovery issues
  •  
adures

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm having an issue recovery a couple email messages from a few months ago. We have the .zip compressed file from the Mailarchive that has the required messages. Can anyone provide the steps on how to recover the messages? I have the sender ID email address that I am looking for

What I have tried is to move and uncompress the zip file into the Mailarchive folder, and then open in the administrator's webmail. It does not work. When I click on the dated folder it shows as no messages and every time I click on the folder the message number (9,500) keeps on dropping.

Another way I have tried is creating a new recovery user, extracting the dated folder .eml files to INBOX/Recovered and then renaming the index.fld to index.old
This has the same behaviour, no messages show up in the folder, it detects the 9,500 odd messages but then when clicked it keeps dropping the value.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can restore a couple messages? This process should not be that hard but its taken hours and I've got no where.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  •  
  •  
adures

I've given kmsrecover but have been unsuccesful so far. Can it do mail archive recovery zip files cause none of the options seem to show it can? My understanding that it only does The Kerio backup files which is not what I want to recover. Files in the format F........zip etc.
  •  
TorW

Kmsrecover can only restore from zip backups. The <directory_name> argument in kmsrecover is meant to point to the directory where you keep all the ZIP backup files. No need to unzip anything beforehand. The command line options tells kmsrecover what you want to restore from the zip files.
  •  
pasantiago

I need to archive old emails, but do not know how to do this. How do I sent up a folder and how to I archive the emails once I get it set up
Previous Topic: How to relocate KCB Store.fdb files
Next Topic: Cannot book resources in private calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:08:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.