Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Codecs to use (What is the best codec to use with operator on low bandwidth)
  •  
germanr

Send a private message to this user
I am a bit confused on the Codecs to use when trying to save bandwidth (locally G 711 works fine).

I am using Yealink T 28 that has the following codecs.
PCMU (G 711u as far as I know)
PCMA (G 711a)
G722 (wideband, so it will not be suitable)
G723_53
G723_63
G726-16
G726-24
G726-32
G726-40
G729

In Operator says that the 723 and 729 are only for pass though so won't they be suitable?
Does this leave me with G726? Which of the G726 is the one that Operator supports?

There are other codecs on operator but not supported on the phones such as Speedx, iLBC and GSM.

Other thing. Is there any way to know which codec is being used in a call?
Regards
German

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2011 14:17]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

G.726 is supported in its 32 kbps variant.

"Pass through" means that Operator does not decode/encode the audio stream, so you can use the codec for a call to a party that understands the codec (like some SIP carriers). You cannot use the codec for calls that terminate on Operator (like conferences, call queues, voicemail, etc.).

The GUI does not show the codecs used. You can either go to the console and find out using asterisk's console program (asterisk -vvvvr) or record the call using the packet sniffer and then inspect the communication using Wireshark.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 1.2.0 RC1
Next Topic: Simultaneously call office phone + mobile
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:27:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00613 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.