Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS and K9
  •  
flight_guy747

Send a private message to this user
Friends,

I am currently evaluating KMS. However, I have a migration problem from my previous system.

I used Mercury as Mailserver and K9 (www.keir.net/k9.html) as antispam. This worked quite well, but I need more features. Those I can get with KMS.

K9 is an email filtering application that works in conjunction with your regular POP3 email program and automatically classifies incoming emails as spam (junk email) or non-spam without the need for maintaining dozens of rules or constant updates to be downloaded. It uses intelligent statistical analysis that can result in extremely high accuracy over time.

It installs itself as a "proxy" between KMS and the actual POP3-server. In the email program (so in my scenario in KMS) the POP3 server port number is changed to 9999 and the POP3 server address to 127.0.0.1.

Both programs run at startup.

When Kerio however is started before K9, it blocks the 9999 port and Kerio starts with an error message saying, it can't listen on 9999. When I start K9 first and then KMS, the POP3 service of K9 can start, since port 9999 is already "used" (=listen at!) by K9. Message here "port can only be used by one application".

Since this worked well with Mercury Mailserver I can only see the reason for this in KMS.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

S.

Previous Topic: BCC not recieving email
Next Topic: imap sent folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:41:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00328 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.