Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Remote phones & multiple operators interconnected (Any experiences?)
  •  
germanr

Send a private message to this user
Hi, has someone connected two Operators in different locations? I tried making a outgoing trunk to register as an extension on the second operator with no luck.

On the case of a single Operator scenario, what happens with for example several phones that are on a branch office,? Is there a way of minimizing the Wan traffic when they speak to each other ? I think that in asterisk there is a way so that through the wan only the Rtp or the Sip packets travel and the rest is done locally.

Regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
2the Maxx Technology

Hi,

Regarding you first question, we have several Operators on several locations which are all connected together.
Location 1 can dial an ext on location 2 and 3, and so on. Same for incoming calls.
There are some parameters which you have to configure on Operator and on your firewalls.
Check if the correct ports are configured and if Operator and/or the extentions are behind a firewall (NAT).

Success with it,
Ron
  •  
germanr

The traffic is inside Kerio VPN tunnel , so all the ports should not be the problem. But can you please tell me how to configure the connection between the Operators?

thanks
German

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You should configure a SIP interface as a "Link to another PBX" on both machines, each pointing to the other server. I recommend that you check the number rewriting rules - they are generated without prefix stripping because we assume the servers share the same phone number space.

Vladimir
  •  
germanr

Vladimir ,
And what about the other fields such as username,password and require to register checkbox?
Regards
German

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Just leave them empty/unchecked.

Vladimir
  •  
germanr

Ok. I could connect them with all unchecked, but I think I am doing something wrong. I can call any extension and the echo test, but cannot use the second operator to make an outside call (when I try to make an outside call I get connected to the fallback extension). On both operators I put that prefix 9 is to make an outside call and I strip that digit.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

What is the number rewriting rule on the interface that leads to the other Operator? The link to the other PBX does not strip the prefix by default.

Vladimir
  •  
germanr

I got it running . Extensions can call each other and the outgoing calls work alsto.
But how do you route an external incoming call on one operator to an extension on a second operator. On the Interfaces the drop down list shows only the local extensions.
Regards
German

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can define a speed dial and use it in call routing.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 1.2.0 RC2 Voi
Next Topic: 1.2.0 RC 2 routing calls problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 04:09:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.