Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disable Instant Search in Outlook 2010?
  •  
cenoxo

Send a private message to this user
To improve Kerio Connect 7 server performance, what's the correct way to disable Instant Search in Outlook 2010 with the KOFF 7.1.2 connector?

I'm aware of the following Microsoft article:

Enable or Disable Instant Search
Applies to: Microsoft Outlook 2010
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/enable-or-dis able-instant-search-HA010354972.aspx

And I understand how to exclude Outlook folders from indexing as explained here:

Improve Windows Searches Using the Index: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add or remove index locations?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Improve-Windows- searches-using-the-index-frequently-asked-questions

But exactly which user folders should be excluded under the Indexing Options? For example, under Windows 7, should both of these user folder locations be unchecked?:

C:\Users\[user profile]\AppData\Kerio
C:\Users\[user profile]\AppData\Microsoft\Outlook

Are there any other folders that should be excluded?

Thanks for any help.
  •  
davide

Mee too I'm interested to how to disable Instant Search on Outlook 2010 for optimize kerio search
  •  
cenoxo

I submitted a ticket to Kerio Tech Support, and here's my summary of what they suggested.

I. Exclude user's local Kerio and Outlook folders from Windows Instant Search indexing -

The user's local Kerio KOFF cache folder and Microsoft Outlook folder need to be excluded from indexing as follows:

1. Open Outlook 2010 > File menu > Options > Search > Sources > Indexing Options button.
2. In the "Index these locations" list, select the user profile location entry and click the Modify button.
3. In the "Indexed Locations" list, drill down to the following folders and uncheck them* (note that the user's Application Data folder may have to be unhidden in Windows):

For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Application Data\Kerio
C:\Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

For Windows 7:
C:\Users\[user profile]\AppData\Local\Kerio
C:\Users\[user profile]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

4. Click OK as necessary to save your changes and close the Outlook Options.

*More information about excluding folders from Windows Searches can be found at:

Improve Windows Searches Using the Index: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add or remove index locations?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Improve-Windows- searches-using-the-index-frequently-asked-questions

II. Disable Outlook 2010's Windows Search Email Indexer add-in -

The Outlook 2010 add-in "Windows Search Email Indexer" should be disabled as follows:

1. Open Outlook 2010 > File menu > Options > Add-Ins.
2. At the bottom of the Microsoft Office Add-Ins window, select its Manage: COM Add-Ins dropdown menu and click its GO button.
3. In the COM Add-Ins list, uncheck the "Windows Search Email Indexer" entry.
4. Click OK as necessary to save the setting and close out.

III. Exclude users' Kerio KOFF folders from antivirus scanning -

The user's local Kerio KOFF cache folder should be excluded from scanning by your antivirus program:

For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Application Data\Kerio

For Windows 7:
C:\Users\[user profile]\AppData\Local\Kerio

YMMV, but hopefully this helps.
Previous Topic: Tech support - ticket response delay!
Next Topic: iOS 5 and Accepted Event Notifications
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 08:51:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.