Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Account Assistant requires admin password
  •  
jonte

Send a private message to this user
A very welcome new feature in Kerio Connect 7.3 is the Kerio Connect Account Assistant.
However, when supporting a customer today, I ran into a fun fact:
It requires the computer admin password, and the user was only standard. I had to configure it manually.

It shouldn't be needed with computer admin password to do some settings in the user's applications as I see it.. Am I wrong? (well, it seems like it, but I mean more on a system level. Is it a technical possibility for a change here?)
  •  
the_creative_partnership

I have just this morning installed Connect 7.3.2 upgrading from 7.12.

The feature that I was most interested in was the new Account Assistant. I hoped and dreamed that it would be a useful tool we could deploy to our machines and kick start on first login for the user to configure their own Mail, iCal and Address Book without needing an admin present like the previous integration tool.

My hopes have been dashed and my dreams lie in tatters around me.

Is this too much to ask for? Why have Kerio completely redeveloped a tool and yet left the use of it reliant on an admin to be present?

Kerio, is there a way in which we can leverage the GUI of this tool as a standalone application that we can push out to our machines?

Please?

Dan
  •  
j.a.duke

The "old" tools also required administrator credentials as well.

So, nothing has really changed except for the fact that it is now a singular tool for all the configuration.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
the_creative_partnership

Yep, I was hoping that this would have changed.

So the 'new' tool (looks like the same python scripts under the hood) is just as useless as the old.

•  
Kedar

I reported this issue to our systems.
  •  
the_creative_partnership

Thanks Radek,

This is really key functionality for a lot of people (I'm quite surprised that more people haven't spoken up).

D
  •  
j.a.duke

the_creative_partnership wrote on Wed, 21 March 2012 08:59
Thanks Radek,

This is really key functionality for a lot of people (I'm quite surprised that more people haven't spoken up).

D

I agree about removing the need for the admin credentials.

However, I haven't complained simply because it is one more way I can keep people from messing up their settings when they try to "fix" them with the installer.

It would be useful to add a setting, on a domain and an account level (similar to the mail cleanout rules) that would disallow access to the integration page when the admin credentials are removed.

That way I could removed access from those users who I don't trust.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Using external spam scanner
Next Topic: email showing up on smartphones as garbage
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 00:59:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.