Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Restore KWS backup on different OS (Change of Operating System)
  •  
Florian

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a Kerio Workspace on my Mac (locally) and then pulling a backup in order to restore this backup on my KWS server that is running on linux platform.

So far I have seen that KWS is using different paths depending on the OS.
Is there any possibility to restore a KWS backup in a different OS than it has originally been created?

Thank you for your advise and kind regards
Florian
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Florian,

the data files are 100% compatible across platform. You can restore the backup (i.e., unzip the ZIP archive file) on any OS no matter where it was created.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader

•  
BudDurland

We're currently testing Workspace. It will be running as a VMWare guest, so I am trying to decide if it should be on Win7 or use the VMWare appliance. I'm far more familiar with Windoze, but kinda find my way around with *nix.

On this topic, what's the easiest way to get the backup files created on Windows to the appliance? So far it look like the only way is to put them on an FTP server and use GET to download them to the /opt/kerio/workspace folder.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but at that point, all I need to do is stop Workspace, then use xz -d -f <backup file> to update the data & settings files, then restart Workspace.

Unrelated question, because I don't have much experience yet with VMWare (and I understand if no one here can answer). It appears that adding more disk space to the appliance is as easy as shutting the VM down, editing the settings to have a bigger disk, then restarting. Is that really all there is to it?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
BudDurland

I thought about it, and finally remembered (I've been away from *nix for a while), the solution -- WinSCP. I can use it to connect to the appliance and copy files to wherever I need. The restore will over-write your config file, so either make a backup or be prepared to edit it to reflect the unix-style file paths.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Web service crashing, will not reload
Next Topic: Skinning
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 00:58:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.