Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » way to limit user self-setup?
  •  
chrisrosa

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way for me to prevent users from configuring their Kerio account on their own? In other words, I'd like to have IT involved in the setup to make sure that the account is configured properly, and not on unauthorized devices.

Thanks
  •  
maccentre

Don't give the user their password?
  •  
chrisrosa

They'd still need to get into webmail to set their Out of Office Message, so that's not really an option.
  •  
Kedar

I don't know what e-mail clients are in your network, but Out of Office can be managed from Outlook on Windows (with Kerio Outlook Connector installed), Entourage 2004/2008 or Outlook 2011 on Mac.
  •  
chrisrosa

Yes...I'm familiar with the ways to see the out of office in Kerio.

I'm looking for a way to prevent users from setting up their accounts (on a desktop client, iPhone, etc.) w/o involving IT. Hiding their passwords isn't really an option for us, so was hoping for an alternate solution.
  •  
Kedar

You can stop and deny services you doesn't want to be used; limit access to allowed services only from defined IP addresses (typically desktops in your local network). It will block connections from "unknown" IP addresses: home/secondary computers, mobile devices etc.

I think it should be solved on your network, not in mailserver. You shouldn't allow connection of unknown devices/computers to your network and if they are known, user shouldn't have permissions to install new application or configure account - I think it should be solved by local computer policy rules or in Active Directory.
  •  
chrisrosa

I disagree I guess. Thanks for your opinion tho.
Previous Topic: Editing auto-complete addresses
Next Topic: ClamAV actually finding any viruses?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:39:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.