Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Understanding the kmsrecover tool
  •  
perennialdesign

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone.
When executing the kmsrecover tool to perform a full restoration where should the incremental archive be placed?
For example when I take our email server offline to migrate to a new mac mini server, I will use a combination of the most recent full backup along side the incremental backup archive created after the mail server process is stopped. Is the correct method to place the incremental archive in the same directory as the full backup archives? Will kmsrecover extract and organize the data accordingly? Please advise if you have experience.
  •  
perennialdesign

Does anyone understand why the recovered mail-store data equals 155GB on the new server (offline), and totals 212GB on the old server (online)? After executing a test kmsrecover the difference was concerning. The old server is a PPC G5 RAID1 and the new server is a Mac mini i7 RAID1. Would that have anything to do with the difference?
  •  
ccjwells

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would explain the difference would be resource forks missing, but I don't think it would account for ~60GB of data. Do the file counts match?
  •  
GlennK

I noticed it stops backing up files past a certain size. I'm not clear if this means it doesn't compress or it ignores the file altogether. From the log:

"The following warnings were generated during the backup
/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_t oks.pag (file size exceeds allowed maximum for compressed volumes)"
  •  
perennialdesign

That could make sense as we have a generous attachment size limit. Where is the log for the warnings again? Under the Admin console?
  •  
GlennK

Sorry, that message was actually not from the log it was from the backup email that is generated nightly but I bet it's also in the operations log. Check the log right at the time the backup was completed.
  •  
perennialdesign

I believe I found the answer. Kerio does not backup deactivated store directories. ie: Inactive directories of former employee's who no longer have an account on our KCS. I tend to keep their store folder for retrieval purposes. The discrepancy in data volume is almost identical.
Previous Topic: Calender Sharing
Next Topic: Backup of certain mailboxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:50:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.