Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » [SOLVED] Voip.ms Call Routing
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
I have a trial installation of Operator up and running. I want to see if I can set it up with voip.ms (a Canadian SIP provider).

Before I go and pay to setup a number I might not use, can somebody check this out and see if it gives enough info to add it to my box?

http://wiki.voip.ms/article/PBXs

thanks so much,

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2012 22:22]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The documentation talks about using 6-digit identifiers as both an authentication username and external number but the config example for generic Asterisk seems to use an actual external number:

[voipms-inbound]
exten => 7863643011,1,Answer() ;your DID

When configuring the interface in Operator, I would simply use the phone number assigned to you as the external number and the 6-digit ID as the registration username. If this did not work, you could check "User ID differs from the telephone number" and add the 6-digit ID there.

Vladimir
  •  
88fingerslukee

Thanks Vladimir!

I'll give this a go when I get my phone hardware and report back. If I can get it to work, I'll help you write a setup article for them...if you would like.
  •  
88fingerslukee

Okay, I got this working just beautifully. I have attached a graphic showing the settings.

Your six-digit account number is your Username. You have to enter the full number including the 1.

If anybody needs any help, let me know.

• Attachment: voipms.JPG
    (Size: 53.17KB, Downloaded 391 times)
  •  
88fingerslukee

I want to add to this topic as I ended up running into some serious problems with Voip.ms. The problems I was having included:

1.) incoming phone calls not terminating all the time. They would work sometimes and not work others
2.) Could not use the initially applied settings (Above) when setting the Device Type to Asterisk/PBX
3.) phone call quality was spotty at best. I attribute this to not being able to set the "Device Type" to the proper setting.

Their support group was entirely unhelpful in getting this set up and I ended up almost cancelling the service and going with the MUCH more expensive Telephonic.ca before I figured this out. I had to configure the server to use Static IP Authentication:

In Voip.MS Control Panel:

1.) Create a new sub-account, mine is my account number with a _01 prefix
2.) Select the options as outlined in the following image:
./fa/2784/0/

In Kerio Operator:

Set it up as seen in the image in the next post (I can only attach one image per message).

Please keep in mind this works for my setup using Kerio Operator, Voip.MS and a PFSense 2.0.0 Router, so your mileage may vary.

• Attachment: voipms.JPG
    (Size: 91.43KB, Downloaded 657 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2012 19:09]

•  
88fingerslukee

Here is the setup portion for Kerio as mentioned in the previous post:

./fa/2785/0/

Make sure you forward the proper ports (5060 and the RTP ports 10000-20001 (Voip.MS RTP ports) to your Operator server. As well, I would dig the IP Address of the Voip.MS server you are using and allow only that IP address to be forwarded for these ports.

• Attachment: Kerio.JPG
    (Size: 50.57KB, Downloaded 636 times)
  •  
88fingerslukee

For proper setup using the Asterisk/PBX Device type and user/pass registration (NOT Static IP Auth)...see the following thread:

http://forums.kerio.com/t/23305//
Previous Topic: Dialing out
Next Topic: Divert extension on Busy/No Answer to another extention
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 01:53:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.