Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » What Anti SPAM solution are you using?
  •  
roms

Send a private message to this user
I am looking for an external solution for filtering spam and viruses before they reach the server Kerio, security appliance (Mail Relay) or cloud services.
Does the GOOGLE POSTINI service good enough? My choice between POSTINI, SYMANTEC MESSAGING GATEWAY, PINEAPP and FORTIMAIL. What can you recommend?
  •  
renefn

We are using Symantec.cloud (formerly MessageLabs) and it's working fine. Their support is helpfull but they do have some false positives that you need to be aware of and you will probably want to whitelist the domains of you most frequent contacts. We have just had a problem with a customers mail being tagged as a virus or malware and it's not possible to whitelist domains or senders in the antivirus module so Symantec has to do it centrally. That's a problem in my opinion.

It's almost a requirement that you use outbound scanning since they need an updated list of users who are allowed to receive mail. When the first mail is sent then the user is automatically added to the allowed list. If you don't use outbound scanning, then you have to log into their site and add the address manually before the user can receive mail. They have a utility that can update the list automatically but that requires and Active Directory and an Exchange server.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
rigo

Been using Postini for years, from before the Google purchase, awesome, awesome stuff and it looks like Google just lets them run as Postini always has--bad ass!! you can go directly to them if you want to get things done w/o much help, or use http://www.excelmicro.com/ with LIVE tech support, great bunch of guys.

•  
mwd

I have clients running a range of products including Cisco IronPort, Postini and Symantec.cloud.

The postini web management tool is pretty badly designed and awful looking. The IronPort is average. Symantec.cloud is okay/good.

Saying this they all seem to work well.
  •  
andrewrob

I use iCritical, its a cloud based system and cheaper than symantec
  •  
bruggles

After heavy researching. Looking to add a Forit-Mail 200D, adds encryption to meet CJIS and HIPAA standards as well as Human Resources for employee information. Also adds additional SPAM, AV scanning. Seemed to have the best price point. I will report back in July once we have it setup and running. Device will be deployed as a Gateway configuration.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2016 20:09]

Previous Topic: Setup of Email Encryption Outlook and WEB Mail
Next Topic: shared calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Mar 25 16:27:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01067 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.