Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Aliases - Can no longer create duplicates (No duplicate aliases allowed creates a problem)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
Duplicate aliases used to be allowed. I just discovered that the behavior has recently been changed so that you can no longer add a duplicate alias.

I have long used duplicate aliases to create distribution lists that include external email addresses. For example:

mygroup --> name<_at_>domainA.com
mygroup --> name2<_at_>domainb.com
mygroup --> localname

The change in behavior makes it difficult to create a distribution list that includes external email address - at least, I cannot see a simple way. Creating a Mailing List is not an acceptable answer. I don't want to use a license for this nor will a mailing list be a convenient way to manage a simple distribution list.

Three questions:

1. Can I turn off this new behavior?

2. If duplicates are no longer allowed, how can I easily create a distribution list that includes external addresses?

3. Is there a problem having the duplicate aliases that were entered in previous versions of Connect?

Will Mayall
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Duplicate aliases are still allowed. There was no change.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mayall wrote on Tue, 13 December 2011 19:33
Creating a Mailing List is not an acceptable answer. I don't want to use a license for this nor will a mailing list be a convenient way to manage a simple distribution list.

Mailing lists are not counted to user license - see http://www.kerio.com/support/software-maintenance
  •  
Will Mayall

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 13 December 2011 12:38
mayall wrote on Tue, 13 December 2011 19:33
Creating a Mailing List is not an acceptable answer. I don't want to use a license for this nor will a mailing list be a convenient way to manage a simple distribution list.

Mailing lists are not counted to user license - see http://www.kerio.com/support/software-maintenance

I did not realize the license agreement had changed regarding mailing lists.

Thanks,

Will Mayall
  •  
Will Mayall

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 13 December 2011 12:37
Duplicate aliases are still allowed. There was no change.

You are correct. I don't know why I was having a problem adding a duplicate alias. I can now add a duplicate alias.

False alarm, sorry.

Will Mayall
  •  
Will Mayall

Although it no longer seems relevant (since I can add a duplicate alias), the error was recorded in the Warning log:

[13/Dec/2011 09:58:51] Cannot update alias pv-ad-reports, error code: 203.
Previous Topic: Mail Forwarding
Next Topic: Number of recipients restriction
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:11:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.