Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Our experience so far (it's good!)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
After testing KWS on a windows XP desktop, we decided to deploy production as a VMWARE appliance. We're only a few days into using it, but so far the reception by my users has been very enthusiastic. Of course,there are already a couple wish-list items, but overall they are really having a good time discovering all the possibilities. Some notes from the trip so far:

- conversion from windows to the appliance (debian) was fairly easy, once I dusted the cobwebs off my *nix experience. WinSCP made it real easy to move the backup. Set up & config the appliance, then just restore the windows backup using xz. Be sure to take a copy of the config file though; the restored config file will have windows style path names.

- The appliance was set to the wrong timezone, so all the log entries were not time stamped correctly. I would expect this would affect when backups run as well. Some digging on Google and I found where to change it to the correct TZ

- The iPhone client (https://my-host/mobile works better in the appliance that in Windows. It is really well done.

- Documentation is a little thin, but no doubt will improve as time goes by.

Wish list (I've already voted for most of these)

- if we use the Kerio Outlook Connector, drag and drop of e-mail to a file library would be cool (though I can appreciate the technical difficulty)

- On the home page for the admin utility, some basic statistics of the server would be nice -- disk statistics, number of logins in the past hour/day,

- the ability to block connections from an IP after a set number of failed logins.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Skinning
Next Topic: No web-preview for Outlook's *.msg files?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:51:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.